University of North Carolina Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of North Carolina Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2018

2.5

Supervisor Interview

Interview

good interview, good personal interactions, made to feel at ease and comfortable in a low key environment. I left feeling good, under no pressure what so ever. I did not feel nervous or apprehensive when going into the interview.

Student Assistant Interview

Interview

Online Application followed by an In-person Interview on campus.
    Met with all of the supervisors and got to go through the process of understanding the day to day responsibilities and tasks

Interview Questions

• Describe one experience in which you dealt with conflict. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Electronics Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of North Carolina.

Interview

3-man panel. Friendly bunch. Easy questions, especially the non-technical 'basic human interaction' stuff. Technical questions were very basic. Declined offer - benefits are expensive and I would've had to pay for parking. Pay did not justify the longer commute. Otherwise a decent opportunity in a seemingly pleasant work environment.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

It was an online application sent through the school. After applying, I was emailed by the hiring manager. We arranged for an interview, which I had to reschedule, then attended. It was not a high-stress environment and only required one interview, after which I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What have you noticed about our school's representation on social media? What improvements would you make?   Answer Question

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

phone screening, in-person interview with larger group, skills assessment with 3 managers were you need to present a code sample then they have you explain a macro. The questions in the larger group are all read off of 'qualified' questions that they are limited to.

Nuclear Medicine Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

2 part interview. First interview allows them to meet you and get a general idea of who you are and personality. If you get a second interview, they ask specific questions pertaining to your nuclear medicine experiences. It lasts about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that a co-worker did something that you knew was wrong and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of North Carolina in April 2016.

Interview

Requested four hours to meet with 4 separate groups of people who all asked the same questions, then invited to lunch with no one from the actual interview process but a random employee from a different department.
    Received rejection via generic HR message to the effect of dear candidate someone else has been chosen and this department is no longer interested in your application.
    Come for the reputation, don't stay for respect or consideration of your time.

Interview Questions

• Spend 30 minutes to complete a budget activity.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of North Carolina.

Interview

I was not interviewed at all. I was sent an email explaining I had been offered a TAship and accepted the contract online without having to meet anyone. However, I did need to specify that I was interested in a TAship when I applied for the graduate program

Internal Medicine Resident Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

Shorter interviews than other top tier institutions; however, very friendly faculty and apparent positive and supportive environment. Very interested in life outside of medicine. EPIC is their EHR.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work "down south" (if you're not from the south already)   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of North Carolina.

Interview

It was not too bad, I interviewed and they offered me a slot in the program. Flights were paid for and I a, glad that they paid for my flight because paying for flights really is a terrible thing. Am I at the 50 word limit yet to be able to get an account upgrade. Describing interviews was not described to get a free unlimited account. I really don't care any more

Interview Questions

• Tough questions and easy questions   1 Answer