University of North Carolina Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 28, 2017

2.5

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

phone screening, in-person interview with larger group, skills assessment with 3 managers were you need to present a code sample then they have you explain a macro. The questions in the larger group are all read off of 'qualified' questions that they are limited to.

Nuclear Medicine Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

2 part interview. First interview allows them to meet you and get a general idea of who you are and personality. If you get a second interview, they ask specific questions pertaining to your nuclear medicine experiences. It lasts about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that a co-worker did something that you knew was wrong and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of North Carolina in April 2016.

Interview

Requested four hours to meet with 4 separate groups of people who all asked the same questions, then invited to lunch with no one from the actual interview process but a random employee from a different department.
    Received rejection via generic HR message to the effect of dear candidate someone else has been chosen and this department is no longer interested in your application.
    Come for the reputation, don't stay for respect or consideration of your time.

Interview Questions

• Spend 30 minutes to complete a budget activity.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of North Carolina.

Interview

I was not interviewed at all. I was sent an email explaining I had been offered a TAship and accepted the contract online without having to meet anyone. However, I did need to specify that I was interested in a TAship when I applied for the graduate program

Internal Medicine Resident Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

Shorter interviews than other top tier institutions; however, very friendly faculty and apparent positive and supportive environment. Very interested in life outside of medicine. EPIC is their EHR.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work "down south" (if you're not from the south already)   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of North Carolina.

Interview

It was not too bad, I interviewed and they offered me a slot in the program. Flights were paid for and I a, glad that they paid for my flight because paying for flights really is a terrible thing. Am I at the 50 word limit yet to be able to get an account upgrade. Describing interviews was not described to get a free unlimited account. I really don't care any more

Interview Questions

• Tough questions and easy questions   1 Answer

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview began with a 1 hour skills tests, followed by a 1.5 hour interview with two supervisors. The interview had a conversational tone and was pleasant overall. They asked for a writing sample afew days after the interview and then contacted me for a background check. About 2 weeks after the interview I got the job offer and was told there was no room for neogiation.

Technical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Nothing too difficult. You answer questions pertaining to the position and what you can bring to the table. Later, you are notified by email as to whether they want to hire you. Nothing out of the ordinary, just make sure to practice your speaking skills and know how to pitch yourself to the manager. If you can do that, you will be fine.
    You submit an application online on their website and selection is ad hoc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself.
      What can you bring to the position?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online through indeed.com, received an email to schedule a telephone interview and then interviewed over the phone with the four people I would actually be working with, not HR people.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle ambiguity?   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

The phone interview, he said he like my track records. He was nice and wanted to hire me asap. I applied there at May, 2015 and got interviews at Oct 2015. It was 1 phone and 2 skype interviews. The skype interviews were with my team boss and center boss. Then got accept Nov.

Interview Questions

• Why do you apply this position?
      What is your research interests?
      What is your future plan? Industry or school?   Answer Question