University of North Carolina Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 30, 2018

2.5

Lab Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Greensboro, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

Your generic interview questions: Why us, tell me about yourself, why does this position fit you. Be ready to talk about yourself and be able to sell your best features. The interview was a character analysis more than it was a technical analysis.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was very simple since there weren't many benefits offered. The only benefits offered were basics, such as: Work on Campus, flexible hours. Pay is firm minimum wage.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

One round of technical interview and 30 mins of HR interview. In technical round there was a skill test to prove the coding knowledge. HR round is to check our presentation skills and personality check.

Assistant Interview

Interview

Online Application Submit Schedule Match Schedule with available positions add qualifications and skills

Negotiation

I would like to work

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina.

Interview

Brief 30 minute phone screen. That was followed by a day of half hour interviews with the entire staff. The decision came very quickly. They want to make sure you are a good fit for the team.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Wilmington, NC) in September 2009.

Interview

I was contacted by HR to schedule an interview, based on my on-line application. I was given a call-in number for the interview and told there would be several people in attendance. They introduced themselves on the phone and I did the same. The interviewers ranged from college interns to departmental managers. The questions were very basic. Most were behavioral-based. Some were technical. Many had to do with how to handle an unskilled, transient workforce, deal with problems in the workplace and resource limitations. I was caught off guard because the questions were at a very basic technical, tactical level (i.e. what was the most recent version of an OS) vs. strategic operational level thinking. I was then given the opportunity to ask questions. None of the interviewers were prepared to answer simple operational questions regarding their cost of operations and performance metrics.

Interview Questions

• What was the most recently deployed version of the Windows operating system.   1 Answer
    • Name a time you had problems with a difficult employee and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

It was an online application sent through the school. After applying, I was emailed by the hiring manager. We arranged for an interview, which I had to reschedule, then attended. It was not a high-stress environment and only required one interview, after which I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What have you noticed about our school's representation on social media? What improvements would you make?   Answer Question

IT Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Greensboro, NC) in May 2010.

Interview

No job description was provided. So my prep was not that great. Interviewers were patient and good .
    Helped alot in me getting tothe right answers but it was not exactly mt arena so didn;t do well. no offer didn't expect one :)

Media Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at University of North Carolina.

Interview

Started out working temp. Found the job initially by looking in the local college paper for openings. Looking at university temping agency will work too. Likely a permanent position will open for you soon after. Permanent position openings can be found at UNC HR website. The permanent hire process can take three or four months.

Interview Questions

• Pretty quick, simply interview about previous experience with audio/video. Permanent position interviews will ask standard interview questions and also technical troubleshooting scenarios and how you handle them. Eg. What would you do if you if the projector in the classroom wasn't showing video?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary is set according to position (government banding)

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

The director of the program didn't show up until 2 hours into the interview. It was clear they weren't interested in me, and I knew I wouldn't want to be a part of this team.

Accounting Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Durham, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview was 1 hour- met with 3 people and answered a lot of questions (scenario type). Learned about the mission and vision of the department, who i would be working with and what the future would look like there.