University of North Carolina Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Nuclear Medicine Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

2 part interview. First interview allows them to meet you and get a general idea of who you are and personality. If you get a second interview, they ask specific questions pertaining to your nuclear medicine experiences. It lasts about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that a co-worker did something that you knew was wrong and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of North Carolina in April 2016.

Interview

Requested four hours to meet with 4 separate groups of people who all asked the same questions, then invited to lunch with no one from the actual interview process but a random employee from a different department.
    Received rejection via generic HR message to the effect of dear candidate someone else has been chosen and this department is no longer interested in your application.
    Come for the reputation, don't stay for respect or consideration of your time.

Interview Questions

• Spend 30 minutes to complete a budget activity.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online through indeed.com, received an email to schedule a telephone interview and then interviewed over the phone with the four people I would actually be working with, not HR people.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle ambiguity?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

I was scheduled for a telephone interview followed by in-person interview with a committee (HR person and relevant supervisors). There was approximately a week delay before they scheduled an in-person interview. Following the in-person interview it took about two weeks to receive notification of a decision. I was notified of rejection via an automated e-mail. I know this is standard but I think it is unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about X (focus of the department), how are your skills applicable to X, please describe your past work and how it is relevant to this position, why do you want to work here, what are your future goals?   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for multiple positions at UNC, including a production assistant position with one of the centers to produce media content. The interview was standard after I sent some samples of my work. They wanted to know more about why I was attracted to the specific center, how I felt my past experiences fit with their work, and what my plans for the future were (given that I am an entry-level job seeker.) They were friendly and professional, but I didn't get the offer in the end. Overall, a good experience that taught me what they were looking for, which helped when I applied to other positions.

Interview Questions

• What strategies do you use to keep track of tasks and deadlines?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

The director of the program didn't show up until 2 hours into the interview. It was clear they weren't interested in me, and I knew I wouldn't want to be a part of this team.

Associate Dean/CIO Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of North Carolina in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a 30 minute panel phone interview. The second round was a two panel, one hour interview and then a Q/A period with the team.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was how would you respond to a request to deploy a technology, which is against your policies and procedures.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina in September 2012.

Interview

Called for an interview approximately 2 weeks after submitting an application through the UNCA HR website; the interview was conducted on-campus, with three committee members, two of whom worked in the admissions office. The committee members seemed bored, as though they didn't want to be there, and they seemed that way when I walked in the door.
    Despite being told I would hear back in a week -- and receiving a very pleasant reply to my thank-you email that I would hear back within 7-10 days -- nearly two weeks passed without any word. I sent a follow-up email after the 10 days had passed and no reply. It left a poor impression on me of both the office and the institution that I found out through the staff website that an internal candidate had been hired, which is perhaps why the interview committee seemed so bored, since it appears they already knew whom they planned to hire, which made me feel as though they had disrespected my time. About a week later, nearly three weeks after my interview, I received a form letter from HR telling me that the position had been filled.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not terribly difficult; mostly past experience related to the responsibilities of the position.   Answer Question

A/R Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied online.
    A week later I had a phone interview with 2 people. The interview went well and I felt very comfortable with it.
    After a week I had the second interview with two people. I really enjoyed more that interview because I felt better, but I had a feeling that they had somebody in mind.
    After 2 weeks I have the rejection letter stating that other candidate has been selected, because I was very well qualified, but not as highly qualified as the candidate they eventually selected. She has about 20 years of A/R experience.

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in January 2012.

Interview

First step was a phone interview. The scheduling process was easy and up front. From there I heard within a week about an in -person interview. The interview schedule was clear and the person coordinating the interview was friendly and organized. I was given information about parking, directions to the building, and to the room. From there it was another 1-2 weeks in which time I was notified that I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you experienced conflict or a problem that you had to solve in a past job and how you handled that situation?   Answer Question