University of North Carolina Campus Visit Coordinator - Admissions Office Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Campus Visit Coordinator - Admissions Office Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina in September 2012.

Interview

Called for an interview approximately 2 weeks after submitting an application through the UNCA HR website; the interview was conducted on-campus, with three committee members, two of whom worked in the admissions office. The committee members seemed bored, as though they didn't want to be there, and they seemed that way when I walked in the door.
Despite being told I would hear back in a week -- and receiving a very pleasant reply to my thank-you email that I would hear back within 7-10 days -- nearly two weeks passed without any word. I sent a follow-up email after the 10 days had passed and no reply. It left a poor impression on me of both the office and the institution that I found out through the staff website that an internal candidate had been hired, which is perhaps why the interview committee seemed so bored, since it appears they already knew whom they planned to hire, which made me feel as though they had disrespected my time. About a week later, nearly three weeks after my interview, I received a form letter from HR telling me that the position had been filled.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not terribly difficult; mostly past experience related to the responsibilities of the position.   Answer Question