University of North Carolina Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of North Carolina Interview Questions

Updated May 14, 2017

2.5

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of North Carolina in April 2009.

Interview

I had to take a drug screen and i was alot of questions about my past.

Nuclear Medicine Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

2 part interview. First interview allows them to meet you and get a general idea of who you are and personality. If you get a second interview, they ask specific questions pertaining to your nuclear medicine experiences. It lasts about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that a co-worker did something that you knew was wrong and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of North Carolina in April 2016.

Interview

Requested four hours to meet with 4 separate groups of people who all asked the same questions, then invited to lunch with no one from the actual interview process but a random employee from a different department.
    Received rejection via generic HR message to the effect of dear candidate someone else has been chosen and this department is no longer interested in your application.
    Come for the reputation, don't stay for respect or consideration of your time.

Interview Questions

• Spend 30 minutes to complete a budget activity.   1 Answer

Pharmd Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted of seven multiple mini interviews in which I had to read a description about a healthcare situation/ethical issue and discuss my answers with the interviewer. I had two minutes to read the prompt and five minutes with each interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Questions were case-related; related to a prompt they gave you to read.   Answer Question

Associate Dean/CIO Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of North Carolina in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a 30 minute panel phone interview. The second round was a two panel, one hour interview and then a Q/A period with the team.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was how would you respond to a request to deploy a technology, which is against your policies and procedures.   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

Questions mostly focused on my past experiences included on CV and majority were situational/behavioral in nature. I applied online on the department web site. Costs incurred during the interview were reimbursed.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with director and two other full-time research associates. They asked me about my previous experiences, and when I would be able to start work. They also introduced the types of work they did.

Internal Medicine Resident Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

Shorter interviews than other top tier institutions; however, very friendly faculty and apparent positive and supportive environment. Very interested in life outside of medicine. EPIC is their EHR.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work "down south" (if you're not from the south already)   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

The phone interview, he said he like my track records. He was nice and wanted to hire me asap. I applied there at May, 2015 and got interviews at Oct 2015. It was 1 phone and 2 skype interviews. The skype interviews were with my team boss and center boss. Then got accept Nov.

Interview Questions

• Why do you apply this position?
      What is your research interests?
      What is your future plan? Industry or school?   Answer Question

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in January 2012.

Interview

First step was a phone interview. The scheduling process was easy and up front. From there I heard within a week about an in -person interview. The interview schedule was clear and the person coordinating the interview was friendly and organized. I was given information about parking, directions to the building, and to the room. From there it was another 1-2 weeks in which time I was notified that I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you experienced conflict or a problem that you had to solve in a past job and how you handled that situation?   Answer Question