University of North Carolina Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of North Carolina Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.5

Interview

Submit resume to PIs with potential openings

University Cashier Interview

Interview

Work-Study and Temporary Student Position interview. Met with two of the managers and was asked about my previous experience and what i would contribute to the culture at the job. Was asked how I worked with people of diverse backgrounds and how I worked with peers. Was a very laid-back interview that took place in the middle of the workday on-site. Took all of maybe 30 minutes to complete.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you had to confront a friend or peer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation.

Assistant Interview

Interview

Online Application Submit Schedule Match Schedule with available positions add qualifications and skills

Negotiation

I would like to work

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina.

Interview

Brief 30 minute phone screen. That was followed by a day of half hour interviews with the entire staff. The decision came very quickly. They want to make sure you are a good fit for the team.

Postdoctoral Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of North Carolina.

Interview

I sent out an email to the prof I wanted to work for. He had an available position and said I met the qualifications. Flew out for in-person interview two months afterwards. Offered and accepted position. Easy peazy.

Referee Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of North Carolina in August 2008.

Interview

Very simple job, just asked a few questions about knowledge of sports and how you feel about making decisions.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of North Carolina in September 2009.

Interview

meeting and talking with PI about background, position, projects. Give presentation to the group, having lunch with group member, talk with individual group member about there research projects and asking questions anout the lab. Meeting with PI again to finish up. Declined dinner with group for personal reasons.

ITS Security Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

Initial emails were nice and very formal. Manager made sure to be very descriptive and follow strict legal procedures and document everything. The interview process was quick. The questions were focused on gauging how much exposure I had in the industry and what tools or software has the candidate used in IT Security. I interviewed with two members of the team in the same room for about 20 minutes. The next day I heard back with an offer.

Interview Questions

• I was not expected to be asked to write a line of a program using Python.   Answer Question

Telephone Interviewer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of North Carolina.

Interview

Interview was casual and informal. Didn't ask too many questions rather than going over your resume with you and following up on any questions. If they bring you in, you're almost guaranteed the job unless there are shift conflicts or they seem that you wouldn't do well speaking over the phone because of language barriers, mispronunciations, etc. No quizzes or anything until after you're hired.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable speaking over the phone and asking sensitive questions?   1 Answer

Work Study Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

Very casual. They asked about previous experience and job expectation. Nothing formal. Very laid-back. After speaking with the HR person, they took me on a tour of the office. Introduced me to the workers. I was offered a position on the spot. Later in the day, I received an official email with job description, HR questions and salary. Brought in the paperwork the next day and immediately started working.