University of North Carolina Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 1, 2017

2.5

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Simple. Come in for an interview with the PI, he asks about your skills and goals for the future. I also had an interview to meet the team that I would be working with.

Electronics Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of North Carolina.

Interview

3-man panel. Friendly bunch. Easy questions, especially the non-technical 'basic human interaction' stuff. Technical questions were very basic. Declined offer - benefits are expensive and I would've had to pay for parking. Pay did not justify the longer commute. Otherwise a decent opportunity in a seemingly pleasant work environment.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

It was an online application sent through the school. After applying, I was emailed by the hiring manager. We arranged for an interview, which I had to reschedule, then attended. It was not a high-stress environment and only required one interview, after which I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What have you noticed about our school's representation on social media? What improvements would you make?   Answer Question

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

phone screening, in-person interview with larger group, skills assessment with 3 managers were you need to present a code sample then they have you explain a macro. The questions in the larger group are all read off of 'qualified' questions that they are limited to.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

Questions mostly focused on my past experiences included on CV and majority were situational/behavioral in nature. I applied online on the department web site. Costs incurred during the interview were reimbursed.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with director and two other full-time research associates. They asked me about my previous experiences, and when I would be able to start work. They also introduced the types of work they did.

Internal Medicine Resident Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

Shorter interviews than other top tier institutions; however, very friendly faculty and apparent positive and supportive environment. Very interested in life outside of medicine. EPIC is their EHR.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work "down south" (if you're not from the south already)   Answer Question

Nuclear Medicine Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

2 part interview. First interview allows them to meet you and get a general idea of who you are and personality. If you get a second interview, they ask specific questions pertaining to your nuclear medicine experiences. It lasts about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that a co-worker did something that you knew was wrong and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. it was a group interview of six or seven employees in the division I ended up working in asking varied questions to find out my experience and expertise areas. I was asked about my current position (at an opposing University down the road!!), which was also grant-funded and they wanted for both of to wait until my position officially ended at Duke prior to starting at UNC. This was a mutual agreement/decision on both of our parts for me to finish out my position at Duke at the end of January and start at UNC the first of February.

Interview Questions

• They asked numerous questions and the interview lasted more than one hour (since there were 6 or 7 people asking questions in the interview). They asked how long I expected to stay in the position?How much SAS I knew? How long I had been programming in SAS?   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

The phone interview, he said he like my track records. He was nice and wanted to hire me asap. I applied there at May, 2015 and got interviews at Oct 2015. It was 1 phone and 2 skype interviews. The skype interviews were with my team boss and center boss. Then got accept Nov.

Interview Questions

• Why do you apply this position?
      What is your research interests?
      What is your future plan? Industry or school?   Answer Question