University of North Carolina Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.5

Materials Management Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

Went thru University Temp Services and they got me an interview for this position at the school of Dentistry. I interviewed with my future supervisor and the head of the department and was taken on a tour of the facility. They told me more about the job, answered my questions, and asked if I was interested in what I saw. I was given an offer that afternoon (Tuesday) and accepted. I filled out some paperwork and started work the next Monday.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I had any previous medical or dental experience or anything else that would be helpful or relevant to this position.   1 Answer

Telephone Interviewer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of North Carolina.

Interview

Interview was casual and informal. Didn't ask too many questions rather than going over your resume with you and following up on any questions. If they bring you in, you're almost guaranteed the job unless there are shift conflicts or they seem that you wouldn't do well speaking over the phone because of language barriers, mispronunciations, etc. No quizzes or anything until after you're hired.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable speaking over the phone and asking sensitive questions?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

I was scheduled for a telephone interview followed by in-person interview with a committee (HR person and relevant supervisors). There was approximately a week delay before they scheduled an in-person interview. Following the in-person interview it took about two weeks to receive notification of a decision. I was notified of rejection via an automated e-mail. I know this is standard but I think it is unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about X (focus of the department), how are your skills applicable to X, please describe your past work and how it is relevant to this position, why do you want to work here, what are your future goals?   Answer Question

Accounting Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Durham, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview was 1 hour- met with 3 people and answered a lot of questions (scenario type). Learned about the mission and vision of the department, who i would be working with and what the future would look like there.

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for multiple positions at UNC, including a production assistant position with one of the centers to produce media content. The interview was standard after I sent some samples of my work. They wanted to know more about why I was attracted to the specific center, how I felt my past experiences fit with their work, and what my plans for the future were (given that I am an entry-level job seeker.) They were friendly and professional, but I didn't get the offer in the end. Overall, a good experience that taught me what they were looking for, which helped when I applied to other positions.

Interview Questions

• What strategies do you use to keep track of tasks and deadlines?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

The director of the program didn't show up until 2 hours into the interview. It was clear they weren't interested in me, and I knew I wouldn't want to be a part of this team.

Social/Clinical Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Raleigh, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Very brief, asked a couple of questions. It took me longer to park and walk to the interview than the total amount of time I spent in there. They are a very relaxed environment since most are professors and students. It is a great place to learn the skills for a job and then move on. I felt very at ease going into that interview and I received an email from them the very same day letting me know where I stood in the process.

Interview Questions

• If I had a problem with animal or human research   1 Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with director and two other full-time research associates. They asked me about my previous experiences, and when I would be able to start work. They also introduced the types of work they did.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of North Carolina.

Interview

It was an on campus job, so questions were basic like they asked me about my past work experience, technologies used, business process, algorithms, MVC based architecture, course work.
    They also gave me a piece of paper and asked me to join 9 dots using 4 straight lines without lifting your hand.

Pharmd Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted of seven multiple mini interviews in which I had to read a description about a healthcare situation/ethical issue and discuss my answers with the interviewer. I had two minutes to read the prompt and five minutes with each interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Questions were case-related; related to a prompt they gave you to read.   Answer Question