University of North Carolina Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 1, 2017

2.5

Social/Clinical Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Raleigh, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Very brief, asked a couple of questions. It took me longer to park and walk to the interview than the total amount of time I spent in there. They are a very relaxed environment since most are professors and students. It is a great place to learn the skills for a job and then move on. I felt very at ease going into that interview and I received an email from them the very same day letting me know where I stood in the process.

Interview Questions

• If I had a problem with animal or human research   1 Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with director and two other full-time research associates. They asked me about my previous experiences, and when I would be able to start work. They also introduced the types of work they did.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of North Carolina.

Interview

It was an on campus job, so questions were basic like they asked me about my past work experience, technologies used, business process, algorithms, MVC based architecture, course work.
    They also gave me a piece of paper and asked me to join 9 dots using 4 straight lines without lifting your hand.

Pharmd Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted of seven multiple mini interviews in which I had to read a description about a healthcare situation/ethical issue and discuss my answers with the interviewer. I had two minutes to read the prompt and five minutes with each interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Questions were case-related; related to a prompt they gave you to read.   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of North Carolina.

Interview

At least in my program you are hired to work with a specific person, so your match with them is vital, and how well you fit into the larger program or get along with other advisors is secondary.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotations possible

Curatorial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

generally ask you about what is your background, how does it fit into the position, what you will contribute to the museum. normally when they invite you for an interview it is pretty much secured. So they would just ask you which department you are interested in and why, how you plan to work for it.

Interview Questions

• what you will contribute to the museum   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

Questions mostly focused on my past experiences included on CV and majority were situational/behavioral in nature. I applied online on the department web site. Costs incurred during the interview were reimbursed.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

One round of technical interview and 30 mins of HR interview. In technical round there was a skill test to prove the coding knowledge. HR round is to check our presentation skills and personality check.

Postdoctoral Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of North Carolina.

Interview

I sent out an email to the prof I wanted to work for. He had an available position and said I met the qualifications. Flew out for in-person interview two months afterwards. Offered and accepted position. Easy peazy.

Media Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at University of North Carolina.

Interview

Started out working temp. Found the job initially by looking in the local college paper for openings. Looking at university temping agency will work too. Likely a permanent position will open for you soon after. Permanent position openings can be found at UNC HR website. The permanent hire process can take three or four months.

Interview Questions

• Pretty quick, simply interview about previous experience with audio/video. Permanent position interviews will ask standard interview questions and also technical troubleshooting scenarios and how you handle them. Eg. What would you do if you if the projector in the classroom wasn't showing video?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary is set according to position (government banding)