University of North Carolina Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of North Carolina Interview Questions

Updated May 14, 2017

2.5

Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of North Carolina.

Interview

At least in my program you are hired to work with a specific person, so your match with them is vital, and how well you fit into the larger program or get along with other advisors is secondary.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotations possible

Curatorial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

generally ask you about what is your background, how does it fit into the position, what you will contribute to the museum. normally when they invite you for an interview it is pretty much secured. So they would just ask you which department you are interested in and why, how you plan to work for it.

Interview Questions

• what you will contribute to the museum   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

Questions mostly focused on my past experiences included on CV and majority were situational/behavioral in nature. I applied online on the department web site. Costs incurred during the interview were reimbursed.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

One round of technical interview and 30 mins of HR interview. In technical round there was a skill test to prove the coding knowledge. HR round is to check our presentation skills and personality check.

Media Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at University of North Carolina.

Interview

Started out working temp. Found the job initially by looking in the local college paper for openings. Looking at university temping agency will work too. Likely a permanent position will open for you soon after. Permanent position openings can be found at UNC HR website. The permanent hire process can take three or four months.

Interview Questions

• Pretty quick, simply interview about previous experience with audio/video. Permanent position interviews will ask standard interview questions and also technical troubleshooting scenarios and how you handle them. Eg. What would you do if you if the projector in the classroom wasn't showing video?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary is set according to position (government banding)

Postdoctoral Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of North Carolina.

Interview

I sent out an email to the prof I wanted to work for. He had an available position and said I met the qualifications. Flew out for in-person interview two months afterwards. Offered and accepted position. Easy peazy.

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina.

Interview

Brief 30 minute phone screen. That was followed by a day of half hour interviews with the entire staff. The decision came very quickly. They want to make sure you are a good fit for the team.

Associate Dean/CIO Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of North Carolina in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a 30 minute panel phone interview. The second round was a two panel, one hour interview and then a Q/A period with the team.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was how would you respond to a request to deploy a technology, which is against your policies and procedures.   1 Answer

Assistant Interview

Interview

Online Application Submit Schedule Match Schedule with available positions add qualifications and skills

Negotiation

I would like to work

Postdoctoral Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of North Carolina in April 2014.

Interview

One telephone interview with the supervisor, all routine questions, no surprises. The interview was pleasant and polite. You have to really ready to do the job. I wish I had more questions to ask the interviewer at the time. Interview should be a two way traffic, although we want the job badly, we shouldn't be afraid to ask questions.