University of North Carolina Interview Questions in North Carolina | Glassdoor

2.5

42 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

phone screening, in-person interview with larger group, skills assessment with 3 managers were you need to present a code sample then they have you explain a macro. The questions in the larger group are all read off of 'qualified' questions that they are limited to.

Nuclear Medicine Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

2 part interview. First interview allows them to meet you and get a general idea of who you are and personality. If you get a second interview, they ask specific questions pertaining to your nuclear medicine experiences. It lasts about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that a co-worker did something that you knew was wrong and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Internal Medicine Resident Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

Shorter interviews than other top tier institutions; however, very friendly faculty and apparent positive and supportive environment. Very interested in life outside of medicine. EPIC is their EHR.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work "down south" (if you're not from the south already)   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview began with a 1 hour skills tests, followed by a 1.5 hour interview with two supervisors. The interview had a conversational tone and was pleasant overall. They asked for a writing sample afew days after the interview and then contacted me for a background check. About 2 weeks after the interview I got the job offer and was told there was no room for neogiation.

Technical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Nothing too difficult. You answer questions pertaining to the position and what you can bring to the table. Later, you are notified by email as to whether they want to hire you. Nothing out of the ordinary, just make sure to practice your speaking skills and know how to pitch yourself to the manager. If you can do that, you will be fine.
    You submit an application online on their website and selection is ad hoc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself.
      What can you bring to the position?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online through indeed.com, received an email to schedule a telephone interview and then interviewed over the phone with the four people I would actually be working with, not HR people.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle ambiguity?   1 Answer

Lab Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Greensboro, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

Your generic interview questions: Why us, tell me about yourself, why does this position fit you. Be ready to talk about yourself and be able to sell your best features. The interview was a character analysis more than it was a technical analysis.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was very simple since there weren't many benefits offered. The only benefits offered were basics, such as: Work on Campus, flexible hours. Pay is firm minimum wage.

Materials Management Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

Went thru University Temp Services and they got me an interview for this position at the school of Dentistry. I interviewed with my future supervisor and the head of the department and was taken on a tour of the facility. They told me more about the job, answered my questions, and asked if I was interested in what I saw. I was given an offer that afternoon (Tuesday) and accepted. I filled out some paperwork and started work the next Monday.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I had any previous medical or dental experience or anything else that would be helpful or relevant to this position.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

I was scheduled for a telephone interview followed by in-person interview with a committee (HR person and relevant supervisors). There was approximately a week delay before they scheduled an in-person interview. Following the in-person interview it took about two weeks to receive notification of a decision. I was notified of rejection via an automated e-mail. I know this is standard but I think it is unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about X (focus of the department), how are your skills applicable to X, please describe your past work and how it is relevant to this position, why do you want to work here, what are your future goals?   Answer Question

Accounting Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Durham, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview was 1 hour- met with 3 people and answered a lot of questions (scenario type). Learned about the mission and vision of the department, who i would be working with and what the future would look like there.