University of North Carolina Interview Questions in North Carolina | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017

3.1

Nuclear Medicine Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

2 part interview. First interview allows them to meet you and get a general idea of who you are and personality. If you get a second interview, they ask specific questions pertaining to your nuclear medicine experiences. It lasts about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that a co-worker did something that you knew was wrong and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online through indeed.com, received an email to schedule a telephone interview and then interviewed over the phone with the four people I would actually be working with, not HR people.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle ambiguity?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

I was scheduled for a telephone interview followed by in-person interview with a committee (HR person and relevant supervisors). There was approximately a week delay before they scheduled an in-person interview. Following the in-person interview it took about two weeks to receive notification of a decision. I was notified of rejection via an automated e-mail. I know this is standard but I think it is unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about X (focus of the department), how are your skills applicable to X, please describe your past work and how it is relevant to this position, why do you want to work here, what are your future goals?   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for multiple positions at UNC, including a production assistant position with one of the centers to produce media content. The interview was standard after I sent some samples of my work. They wanted to know more about why I was attracted to the specific center, how I felt my past experiences fit with their work, and what my plans for the future were (given that I am an entry-level job seeker.) They were friendly and professional, but I didn't get the offer in the end. Overall, a good experience that taught me what they were looking for, which helped when I applied to other positions.

Interview Questions

• What strategies do you use to keep track of tasks and deadlines?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

The director of the program didn't show up until 2 hours into the interview. It was clear they weren't interested in me, and I knew I wouldn't want to be a part of this team.

A/R Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied online.
    A week later I had a phone interview with 2 people. The interview went well and I felt very comfortable with it.
    After a week I had the second interview with two people. I really enjoyed more that interview because I felt better, but I had a feeling that they had somebody in mind.
    After 2 weeks I have the rejection letter stating that other candidate has been selected, because I was very well qualified, but not as highly qualified as the candidate they eventually selected. She has about 20 years of A/R experience.

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in January 2012.

Interview

First step was a phone interview. The scheduling process was easy and up front. From there I heard within a week about an in -person interview. The interview schedule was clear and the person coordinating the interview was friendly and organized. I was given information about parking, directions to the building, and to the room. From there it was another 1-2 weeks in which time I was notified that I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you experienced conflict or a problem that you had to solve in a past job and how you handled that situation?   Answer Question

IT Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Greensboro, NC) in May 2010.

Interview

No job description was provided. So my prep was not that great. Interviewers were patient and good .
    Helped alot in me getting tothe right answers but it was not exactly mt arena so didn;t do well. no offer didn't expect one :)

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Wilmington, NC) in September 2009.

Interview

I was contacted by HR to schedule an interview, based on my on-line application. I was given a call-in number for the interview and told there would be several people in attendance. They introduced themselves on the phone and I did the same. The interviewers ranged from college interns to departmental managers. The questions were very basic. Most were behavioral-based. Some were technical. Many had to do with how to handle an unskilled, transient workforce, deal with problems in the workplace and resource limitations. I was caught off guard because the questions were at a very basic technical, tactical level (i.e. what was the most recent version of an OS) vs. strategic operational level thinking. I was then given the opportunity to ask questions. None of the interviewers were prepared to answer simple operational questions regarding their cost of operations and performance metrics.

Interview Questions

• What was the most recently deployed version of the Windows operating system.   1 Answer
    • Name a time you had problems with a difficult employee and how you handled it.   Answer Question