University of North Carolina Interview Questions in North Carolina | Glassdoor

2.5

41 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Nuclear Medicine Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

2 part interview. First interview allows them to meet you and get a general idea of who you are and personality. If you get a second interview, they ask specific questions pertaining to your nuclear medicine experiences. It lasts about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that a co-worker did something that you knew was wrong and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Pharmd Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted of seven multiple mini interviews in which I had to read a description about a healthcare situation/ethical issue and discuss my answers with the interviewer. I had two minutes to read the prompt and five minutes with each interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Questions were case-related; related to a prompt they gave you to read.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

Questions mostly focused on my past experiences included on CV and majority were situational/behavioral in nature. I applied online on the department web site. Costs incurred during the interview were reimbursed.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with director and two other full-time research associates. They asked me about my previous experiences, and when I would be able to start work. They also introduced the types of work they did.

Internal Medicine Resident Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

Shorter interviews than other top tier institutions; however, very friendly faculty and apparent positive and supportive environment. Very interested in life outside of medicine. EPIC is their EHR.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work "down south" (if you're not from the south already)   Answer Question

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in January 2012.

Interview

First step was a phone interview. The scheduling process was easy and up front. From there I heard within a week about an in -person interview. The interview schedule was clear and the person coordinating the interview was friendly and organized. I was given information about parking, directions to the building, and to the room. From there it was another 1-2 weeks in which time I was notified that I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you experienced conflict or a problem that you had to solve in a past job and how you handled that situation?   Answer Question

BraveTech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pembroke, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Pembroke, NC) in January 2012.

Interview

It was a skills based interview so you must possess some functional knowledge of operation systems. It was a panel with both the supervisor and the manager present. Overall the interview was not too stressful as long as you were well verse in basic computer troubleshoot and posess some hardware skills.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based questions based on customer service skills   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in August 2012.

Interview

First I talked on the phone with the Principal Investigator about general things and about my previous research. We set up a day for a one to one interview. At this in person interview, the Principal Investigator asked me about my previous PhD and Postdoctoral experience. It was very straight forward as I was working in a very related subject to the one that I was going to perform at UNC. A couple of days after the one to one meet, I gave a presentation to a group of Investigators. At this point I was sure that I got the position and was more a formality.

Interview Questions

• Probably the most unexpected question was how comfortable I feel working with radioactivity.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, I was not prepared for that. My mistake.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in January 2011.

Interview

There was no in-person interview. The process of selection of graduate teaching/research assistants is the same as the process of For graduate school, we apply online with transcripts and letters of recommendation. Once selected for graduate studies, research assistantship/teaching assistantships are allotted by the department.

Interview Questions

• Submission of undergraduate transcripts and recommendation letters   1 Answer

Technical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Nothing too difficult. You answer questions pertaining to the position and what you can bring to the table. Later, you are notified by email as to whether they want to hire you. Nothing out of the ordinary, just make sure to practice your speaking skills and know how to pitch yourself to the manager. If you can do that, you will be fine.
    You submit an application online on their website and selection is ad hoc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself.
      What can you bring to the position?   Answer Question