University of North Carolina Interview Questions in North Carolina | Glassdoor

2.5

42 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

phone screening, in-person interview with larger group, skills assessment with 3 managers were you need to present a code sample then they have you explain a macro. The questions in the larger group are all read off of 'qualified' questions that they are limited to.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

Questions mostly focused on my past experiences included on CV and majority were situational/behavioral in nature. I applied online on the department web site. Costs incurred during the interview were reimbursed.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with director and two other full-time research associates. They asked me about my previous experiences, and when I would be able to start work. They also introduced the types of work they did.

Internal Medicine Resident Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

Shorter interviews than other top tier institutions; however, very friendly faculty and apparent positive and supportive environment. Very interested in life outside of medicine. EPIC is their EHR.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work "down south" (if you're not from the south already)   Answer Question

Nuclear Medicine Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

2 part interview. First interview allows them to meet you and get a general idea of who you are and personality. If you get a second interview, they ask specific questions pertaining to your nuclear medicine experiences. It lasts about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that a co-worker did something that you knew was wrong and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. it was a group interview of six or seven employees in the division I ended up working in asking varied questions to find out my experience and expertise areas. I was asked about my current position (at an opposing University down the road!!), which was also grant-funded and they wanted for both of to wait until my position officially ended at Duke prior to starting at UNC. This was a mutual agreement/decision on both of our parts for me to finish out my position at Duke at the end of January and start at UNC the first of February.

Interview Questions

• They asked numerous questions and the interview lasted more than one hour (since there were 6 or 7 people asking questions in the interview). They asked how long I expected to stay in the position?How much SAS I knew? How long I had been programming in SAS?   1 Answer

Usher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in August 2012.

Interview

Very informal interview. We talked about situations that made me uncomfortable and how I handled them. We also talked about my resume and I gave a little clarification.He then made an offer and I accepted. Overall, the interview was one of the easiest I've done. Would definitely recommend making sure you can discuss your job history.

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in January 2012.

Interview

First step was a phone interview. The scheduling process was easy and up front. From there I heard within a week about an in -person interview. The interview schedule was clear and the person coordinating the interview was friendly and organized. I was given information about parking, directions to the building, and to the room. From there it was another 1-2 weeks in which time I was notified that I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you experienced conflict or a problem that you had to solve in a past job and how you handled that situation?   Answer Question

Pharmd Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted of seven multiple mini interviews in which I had to read a description about a healthcare situation/ethical issue and discuss my answers with the interviewer. I had two minutes to read the prompt and five minutes with each interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Questions were case-related; related to a prompt they gave you to read.   Answer Question

BraveTech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pembroke, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of North Carolina (Pembroke, NC) in January 2012.

Interview

It was a skills based interview so you must possess some functional knowledge of operation systems. It was a panel with both the supervisor and the manager present. Overall the interview was not too stressful as long as you were well verse in basic computer troubleshoot and posess some hardware skills.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based questions based on customer service skills   Answer Question