University of North Dakota Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of North Dakota Interview Questions

2.5

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Forks, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of North Dakota (Grand Forks, ND).

Interview

Very generous in bringing me in to interview in person. Paid for flights, hotel, meals. Interview began at 7:30 AM and ended around 5:00 PM, meeting with several different departments. Everyone was very kind during the interviews. Met with everyone from the head of the department to assistants. Was able to ask questions to each member about how their position would work with mine.

Interview Questions

• What does working for the University of North Dakota mean to you?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at University of North Dakota.

Interview

There was no interview process. I applied for the graduate program at in the Communication Program. Upon receiving notification that I was accepted to the graduate program, I was also made aware that I was being offered a position to teaching as a graduate teaching assistant with a stipend as I completed my degree. I never applied or inquired about the job during my school application process. I was never interviewed for the position. I was never asked any questions. The job was simply handed to me and my colleagues, along with the acceptance letter into the program to study.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a B.A. in anything?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Forks, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Dakota (Grand Forks, ND) in July 2015.

Interview

I got a call form the Petroleum Engineering Department asking when I would like to come in for an interview. I went in and the interviewers were friendly but straight to the point. They had answers for all my questions and I answered theirs as best as I could. Received a call the next week about their decision.

Interview Questions

• Why do I think I should be hired for the job?   1 Answer

Lab Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of North Dakota.

Interview

Set up an interview over the phone. Met with lab manager. Interview took five to ten minutes at the most. Very easy questions such as what would you do if you don't know the answer to a question? Almost impossible to fail this interview. Hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Bookstore Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Forks, ND

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of North Dakota (Grand Forks, ND) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online through the school's student jobs webpage. I got a phone call from my boss the following afternoon. She asked me a few questions about past experiences, why I wanted to work there, my school schedule, when I was graduating and then offered the job over the phone. I started 3 weeks later.

Cold Foods Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Forks, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of North Dakota (Grand Forks, ND) in July 2013.

Interview

The process wasn't bad, though there were three people in the interview which was a little intimidating to start with. The questions were very basic about food work history, general skills, and goals that I had with the job. The hardest part was probably navigating the website which felt clunky at times.

Janitor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Forks, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of North Dakota (Grand Forks, ND) in March 2013.

Interview

interview is generally asking about your background and your character analyze. nothing hard or complex. classic interview questions and little bit more depend on the position applied. it was a nice friendly situation and not pressure to answer every questions right. check for general HR questions for an idea.

Interview Questions

• tell me about your previous experience   1 Answer

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Forks, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Dakota (Grand Forks, ND) in December 2012.

Interview

First interview was technical, second was human resource. the interview panel consisted of four people. 1st interview was focused on technical side, lots of question of past work experience, skills, and acquired talents. second interview was mostly personality questions.

International Student Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Forks, ND

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of North Dakota (Grand Forks, ND) in September 2012.

Interview

applied through the mail 8/9/2012(Who does that anymore?). Had the interview with five different people from different departments. Each person had at least 3 questions for me. Did not get the position but they re-posted the position recently for someone who left. Lots of personality questions. Based on most of the committees online profiles I was over qualified. Did not receive a call or email saying that I did not get the position. Totally Unprofessional.

Academic Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of North Dakota in July 2012.

Interview

Interview committee; several rounds of interviews. Met in-person and discussed the role, its responsibilities, and my background. Discussed my views on education, advising, and my potential role in the institution.