University of North Florida Assistant Professor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at University of North Florida

4.0

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of North Florida (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2011.

Interview

Before being asked for an on-site interview, they asked all semi-finalists to prepare a plan for recruiting students in Florida. I spent a lot of time on it and they liked it enough to fly me there. When I got there I found that the thoughtful planning I thought was a strength of the school was just a marketing/selecting cover for the fact that they were not an academically oriented school, but an old school boys club. Instead of talking about classroom subject matter and students, they wanted to talk about pro sports. Fun, but irrelevant to me, a scholar. After we were there together for an hour it was obvious we were not a good fit, so they actually ignored me. I later got a much better job elsewhere (pay, status, location, teaching environment), but never forgot the lesson that schools vary enormously in their level of serious approach to our work.

Interview Questions

• You're from PA--Steelers or Eagles?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for University of North Florida

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of North Florida (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

On campus interview runs from morning to the afternoon. Met with the search committee, department chair, college deans and a few students. The campus is just beautiful, and all the people I've met were very nice too. It feels like a friendly community, where professors really care about their students, and the department chair is very supportive and protective towards the faculty members. Interview was a bit challenge yet very much practical for applicants to get a clear idea about what to expect at the position.

Interview Questions

• Have you identified any potential collaborator within or outside the university for your future research?   Answer Question