University of North Florida Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at University of North Florida

2.3

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of North Florida (Jacksonville, FL) in December 2009.

Interview

They will call you for a quick, get-to-know-you type of phone call once you've made it past the Human Resources office. They will ask what makes you a good fit for the role and why you want to be a part of the community. You'll be asked about your background and how you plan to grow in the role here. The next phase is a group interview. Similar questions are asked, but they are derived from a sheet given out by HR so each candidate is asked the same question. The answers are scored and then deliberated on. Final decision made by director, and is not a group consensus but input is received from everyone on the panel

Interview Questions

• They will give you scenarios in how to handle various problems. All having to do with human interaction.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They tell you what they will pay and you can accept or decline. Any negotiation is a matter of hundreds, not thousands of dollars.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of North Florida (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2011.

Interview

Extremely easy 25 minute interview. Very little questioning concerning experience or description of job requirements. Very casual interview environment. Impression that the interviewer had not reviewed my resume. Struggling to find questions to ask applicant.

Interview Questions

• Why have you applied ? Do you have any problems saying "no" to the requisitioner ?   Answer Question

Associate General Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of North Florida (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

began with phone interview, subsequently interviewed by multiple persons representing wide range of work areas and perspectives, then by general counsel, CFO, and University president.; background and professional checks

Interview Questions

• why I was interested in moving from the private sector to the public sector   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of North Florida (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

There wasn't much of a true process as I was a student and did well in the class. After that I inquired on how one becomes a teaching assistant. I then spoke to the professor and was told that I would be contacted by the HQ person who handles the registration process etc.

Interview Questions

• No specific question, it had more to do with scheduling and availability.   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of North Florida (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

It was simple, brief, to the point and not stressful. It was a very friendly interview. The interviewer asked questions that were practical and related to the job. It was not the usual questions asked by people but it was practical and suitable for the job.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of North Florida (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2011.

Interview

Before being asked for an on-site interview, they asked all semi-finalists to prepare a plan for recruiting students in Florida. I spent a lot of time on it and they liked it enough to fly me there. When I got there I found that the thoughtful planning I thought was a strength of the school was just a marketing/selecting cover for the fact that they were not an academically oriented school, but an old school boys club. Instead of talking about classroom subject matter and students, they wanted to talk about pro sports. Fun, but irrelevant to me, a scholar. After we were there together for an hour it was obvious we were not a good fit, so they actually ignored me. I later got a much better job elsewhere (pay, status, location, teaching environment), but never forgot the lesson that schools vary enormously in their level of serious approach to our work.

Interview Questions

• You're from PA--Steelers or Eagles?   1 Answer

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of North Florida (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

On campus interview runs from morning to the afternoon. Met with the search committee, department chair, college deans and a few students. The campus is just beautiful, and all the people I've met were very nice too. It feels like a friendly community, where professors really care about their students, and the department chair is very supportive and protective towards the faculty members. Interview was a bit challenge yet very much practical for applicants to get a clear idea about what to expect at the position.

Interview Questions

• Have you identified any potential collaborator within or outside the university for your future research?   Answer Question

Librarian Interview

Interview

A very long day but pretty typical. You'll meet and spend time with everyone including staff although in the end it's all a waste of time. The dean will decide and staff input is of no relevance whatsoever.

Interview Questions

• This depends entirely on the type of position you're applying for.   Answer Question

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of North Florida (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

They take you out to lunch and get to know you which is nice. The interview is no to bad make sure to bring your presentation. They also will talk salary because you can negotiate up to 5 percent.

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of North Florida (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

Faculty positions require a day-long interview if you make a good impression via a Skype interview with the Search Committee. You will have a chance to meet all of the faculty of the department (that can show up) and they can ask you questions. The most formal part of the interview for faculty is actually doing a lecture on a topic in your field that faculty may attend. If you know your stuff, there's no need to sweat it. They hire nationally, so they will fly you into Jacksonville if you're a good candidate.

Interview Questions

• Describe our curriculum in detail and how you would break this information down for students.   1 Answer