University of North Florida Director, Student Affairs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of North Florida Director, Student Affairs Interview Questions

Interviews at University of North Florida

1 Interview Review

1.0

Director, Student Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of North Florida (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

I first had a video interview with the search committee. They took turns asking pre-written questions. I was invited to campus for a day-long interview with more than 20 people from a variety of departments.

I was offered the job within a few days of the campus interview, but I ultimately did not accept the job because the offer was well below the average for student affairs directors at this university and peer institutions.

State employee salaries are available online via various state-operate websites. You should definitely research these sites before entering the offer negotiation phase.

It's a beautiful campus in a great part of Jacksonville, but I believe UNF's enrollment fell by about 10 percent over the last few years, and it still remains a commuter school. Commuter schools are often subjected to vast fluctuations in enrollment as students transfer, move away or drop out.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflicts when they arise?   1 Answer