University of North Florida Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at University of North Florida

2.3

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Florida (Jacksonville, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with the Regional Director and the Director of Marketing who had a list of prepared questions. Neither interviewer was friendly or welcoming - the Director of Marketing was actually unfriendly - never smiled, just took notes and made a snarky remark about project management skills.

Interview Questions

• What two qualities are most important in this role?   1 Answer

Coordinator, Academic Support Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Florida (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

First an individual has a phone interview and based on that they are then invited on to campus for a face to face group interview. Usually if you are asked to come on campus you are one of 2 or 3 people they are interested in interviewing for the job

Interview Questions

• name a time where you had to overcome a stressful situation what did you do and what was the result   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of North Florida.

Interview

For every faculty position there were over 100 applicants. But, the hiring is usually manipulated, and the applicants with background weak or even none in the relevant fields were hired over the qualified candidates. The former director messed up with race discrimination in hiring, which led the EOP director change. Now the School of Engineering faculty gang made hired a director from Turkey, who just openly discriminated without consequence.

Director of Annual Giving, Coggin School of Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of North Florida (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2009.

Interview

Everyone must apply online. First round of interviews is by phone with a committee. None of the panel members has any role in the actual job in which you'll be working. Most have equivalent jobs in other schools at the college. Each person shoots a question at you. These are my least favorite type of interview because it is more of an interrogation than a conversation.

Interview Questions

• I think they asked for an example of how I screwed up something and what I did to make it right.   Answer Question

Senior Library Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of North Florida (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online on their website, got a call to interview two months later. Interviewed two weeks after that, but to this day still have not received an answer on employment. I have moved on and now have employment, but their process has been very slow and it's insulting to not follow up on interviewees. Lack of respect on their part.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled irate patrons?
      What are some research methods that you typically use?
      Explain how your past experience qualifies you for this position.   Answer Question

Director, Student Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of North Florida (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

I first had a video interview with the search committee. They took turns asking pre-written questions. I was invited to campus for a day-long interview with more than 20 people from a variety of departments.

I was offered the job within a few days of the campus interview, but I ultimately did not accept the job because the offer was well below the average for student affairs directors at this university and peer institutions.

State employee salaries are available online via various state-operate websites. You should definitely research these sites before entering the offer negotiation phase.

It's a beautiful campus in a great part of Jacksonville, but I believe UNF's enrollment fell by about 10 percent over the last few years, and it still remains a commuter school. Commuter schools are often subjected to vast fluctuations in enrollment as students transfer, move away or drop out.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflicts when they arise?   1 Answer

Academic Grader & Class Proctor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of North Florida (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

There was no interview. I spoke to the head of the Department of Mathematics & Statistics (Dr Scott Hochwald) about what help their professors needed in the beginning of each semester. He immediately pulled up open grading and proctoring positions on his computer, and we then matched those with classes I had previously taken.