University of North Texas Interview Questions in Denton, TX | Glassdoor

2.5

59 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of North Texas (Denton, TX).

Interview

Short one round of in-person job interview lasting about 30 minutes to 1 hour with two hiring managers. Very casual and friendly atmosphere during interview. Met with other office managers, employees and staff. Job offer was received within 1 week.

Ra Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of North Texas (Denton, TX).

Interview

nerve wrecking, but great because of how personable they were. Hall directors are friendly and want you to be comfortable. It was a 3 phase process. First phase, you're trying to stand out among several applicants and a few hall directors. Second phase they've narrowed the applicants down and you're basically doing the same. Lastly you sit down in a personal interview with hall directors of that dorm.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of North Texas (Denton, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Was brought into a room of 5 people. It was an intimidation tactic. I didn't think much of the people that I interviewed with at the UNT business center as they were overly nice. I should have listened to my gut, because once they got me into the group, they started treating me like crud.

Part Time Champs Cafeteria Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of North Texas (Denton, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

It was very easy, didn't ask me much and just told me more about the job and what they expect from me. Basically said that the most important part was to have a smile on and never just wonder around, always be doing something

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of North Texas (Denton, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

30 mins interview at the Business leadership building with the hiring manager. If you have good commands in Excel, word, ppt. and if you can build queries in access, create the basic of the database, then there is good chance to clear the interview. Though the competition is fair enough.

Data Communications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of North Texas (Denton, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

They talked about themselves and asked more about me. Took me to a closet to show how their networks were connected. Each interviewer asked a question and then handed me a sheet with more questions to fill out.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of North Texas (Denton, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

During the hiring fair, you talk with one of the supervisors and as questions about any experience in food service. After you pass that, you would talk to Mike who is in charge of the catering department. There is a high turnover rate so you are likely to get the job if you want the job. The only thing I would say is that they based your schedule based on your classes not on your availability which does make it hard to balance coursework and work. While I was taking 15 hours but had days that I did not have any classes, I was scheduled more compared to others who have classes every day and are taking fewer hours. You don't have a choice to set your availability basically.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No, they did tell you up front how much is hourly pay but they rarely give raises to people who work there longer than 2 years.

IT Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Texas (Denton, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

It was OK and they are so open and nothing unexpected it's so clear, but they need you to know a lot, so having experience will help you to pass otherwise it's hard to pass.

Student Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of North Texas (Denton, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Only one round of interview with 2 full time employees in the library. One of the interviewer asked me to arrange a couple of books based on the Library of Congress (LOC) shelving method.

Student Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of North Texas (Denton, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied for the position online, i did not even remember applying for it, I was called for the interview. Later i learnt that the position offers funding for international students. then i prepared really hard for the interview.