University of North Texas Interview Questions in Denton, TX | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

2.5

Part Time Champs Cafeteria Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of North Texas (Denton, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

It was very easy, didn't ask me much and just told me more about the job and what they expect from me. Basically said that the most important part was to have a smile on and never just wonder around, always be doing something

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of North Texas (Denton, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

30 mins interview at the Business leadership building with the hiring manager. If you have good commands in Excel, word, ppt. and if you can build queries in access, create the basic of the database, then there is good chance to clear the interview. Though the competition is fair enough.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of North Texas (Denton, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

During the hiring fair, you talk with one of the supervisors and as questions about any experience in food service. After you pass that, you would talk to Mike who is in charge of the catering department. There is a high turnover rate so you are likely to get the job if you want the job. The only thing I would say is that they based your schedule based on your classes not on your availability which does make it hard to balance coursework and work. While I was taking 15 hours but had days that I did not have any classes, I was scheduled more compared to others who have classes every day and are taking fewer hours. You don't have a choice to set your availability basically.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No, they did tell you up front how much is hourly pay but they rarely give raises to people who work there longer than 2 years.

IT Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Texas (Denton, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

It was OK and they are so open and nothing unexpected it's so clear, but they need you to know a lot, so having experience will help you to pass otherwise it's hard to pass.

Student Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of North Texas (Denton, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Only one round of interview with 2 full time employees in the library. One of the interviewer asked me to arrange a couple of books based on the Library of Congress (LOC) shelving method.

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of North Texas (Denton, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews one with each manager and then one last working interview.

All were about an hour long and with each interview the team will gather information about you, so at the end of all three interviews the team will sit down with you, talk to you about what they saw what they liked and what you might need improvement on, which are all very basic and constructive so it makes it easy to grow.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of North Texas (Denton, TX).

Interview

They just asked me a couple of get to know you questions and basic interview questions. I was super nervous because I had never really had a real interview before then, but they could sense that and created a comfortable interview environment for me to thrive in. They asked me to show some of my video work so I showed two short films I had made the previous semester.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any After Effects experience?   1 Answer

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at University of North Texas (Denton, TX).

Interview

The interview was sort of a hybrid group and individual interview it was very easy however it took forever I was waiting for 4 hours for a interview; I also knew other people there who stayed even longer than me as well. It was a bit like being a captive audience. The actual interview itself only took about 30-45 minutes. The interview itself was good I just wished that they had scheduled it better so people didn't have to spend all day there.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were very basic they were just looking to see your soft skills were mostly conversational.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of North Texas (Denton, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

There was a panel of five people ranging from an admin assistant to a project investigator. The questions were pretty basic, but also in-line with the requirements for the job. They were very descriptive on what the expectations were for the job and what the best candidate would be.

Interview Questions

• Describe your past experience working in grants at TWU?   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of North Texas (Denton, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

They call you to meet with the supervisor you will be working with. You will basically talk about the workplace culture, values, wages, and schedule. You will be let know what is expected of you. The second interview is with the manager who will give you a tour of the workplace and test your personality. The third interview is basically contract signing and terms explained.

Interview Questions

• Can you stand for longer hours?   1 Answer