University of Northern Iowa Interview Questions in Iowa | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 9, 2017

3.4

Athletics Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Falls, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Northern Iowa (Cedar Falls, IA) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process is very simply and stress free. The interviewers are also very helpful with any question you have. I had to fill out an application with my resume and a cover letter. Then you got an email saying if you got an interview or not and selected a time to meet with them. You had the interview and they called within a week to let you know if you got the position.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of scenario questions. What would you do if you were handing out free t-shirts for students only and a general admission wanted one and was upset you wouldn't given him one.   1 Answer

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Falls, IA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at University of Northern Iowa (Cedar Falls, IA) in July 2013.

Interview

Interview was with a committee of 5 ! Could be very intimidating to someone who is nervous about interviewing each person had a list of questions that seemed to be very thought processing they were very courteous ! When I was on interview committee I always took in consideration the experience I had

Interview Questions

• What makes a good cook?   1 Answer
    • There was also a basic math test to determine hours in fractions   1 Answer

Forensic Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hiawatha, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Northern Iowa (Hiawatha, IA) in June 2012.

Interview

I had an initial phone screening interview by the manager of the center. I was then asked to come in for an in-person interview with the manager and supervisor of forensic interviewers. I was then asked to participate in an in-person HR interview and then a group interview with the three other forensic interviewers I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• How would you cope and/or deal with those involved in a child protection case who had a different opinion of you as to what should happen with the case under investigation?   1 Answer

Assistant Professor of Educational Psychology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Falls, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Northern Iowa (Cedar Falls, IA) in May 2010.

Interview

Contact was made through email. Then I had a one on one interview at AERA. Less then two weeks later I was called for an on site interview. I drive to Iowa and had scheduled meetings, interviews, and formal presentations. Everyone was very sincere. I felt comfortable asking hard questions about campus and community culture.

Interview Questions

• What courses would you design for Graduate Students if you had free range to create any course?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate many of the things that I would have liked. Part of this is the current economy and the fact that the faculty is Unionized so the deans have limited negotiating power.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Falls, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Northern Iowa (Cedar Falls, IA) in April 2009.

Interview

I found out about job through a coworker who knew that this person was retiring. I contacted the hiring manager by phone and arranged a in-person interview the next day. I interviewed with 2 people (hiring manager and their assistant). Interview lasted 1 hr. Questions were about my current impressions of the department and what I would change if given a chance. After a couple days I was notified that I would meet with two more people. On that day a job offer was extended.

Interview Questions

• How much sales experience do you have?   1 Answer