University of Northumbria Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 23, 2017

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Northumbria

Student Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Northumbria (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)).

Interview

Application form, in tray exercise on managing priorities representing what a day in the role would cover followed by competency based interviews with a panel of three including line manager for the role being advertised.

Interview Questions

• How would your colleagues describe you and give your strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Northumbria (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

A rigorous interview process made up of three stages:

Stage One is application

Stage two: You need to prepare a 5 minute presentation as to why you want to work in Higher Education and why they should pick you. You need to present this in front of 16 other graduates (assuming your application was successful) and 6 senior executives of the University. It follows a system of alphabetical order; so it's ideal if your surname begins with 'A' to get it over and done with should you be nervous! Following the presentation you will take part in x2 group exercises. All that really needs to be said here is don't take a back seat! Engage and work collaboratively with your colleagues and don't be afraid to take charge! They are assessing you the whole time so make your presence known.

Stage Three: This is the interview stage with members of the panel and the final stage of the process.

Interview Questions

• What are some factors affecting Higher Education?   1 Answer
    • Discuss a time when you worked as part of a team   1 Answer
    • What is Northumbria good at? What can Northumbria do to improve ?   1 Answer

Student Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Northumbria (Newcastle, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

Application form was old fashioned, which oddly enough I strongly preferred. Unlimited space to express my skills and experience, though when a recruiting manager this could be a nightmare if someone wrote reams of pages!

Interview was a typical competency based interview. No role plays, or tasks used as part of the process. The interview could have tested the key skills in the role.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of Northumbria (Newcastle, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

Completed application form (no CVs accepted). This took a bit of cut and paste time! About a month later HR contacted me to invite me for interview and gave links to appropriate sections of website to review/prepare. Was interviewed by 3 people who all focussed on different aspects of the job specification. Took about 45mins I would say.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of Northumbria (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was three months before any further communication via email inviting me for an interview. Interview was last of day and panel seemed totally disinterested and tired. Room layout was poor and made for awkward presentation.

Interview Questions

• if you were successful what do you expect things to look like in three years time?   1 Answer