University of Nottingham Interview Questions in Nottingham, England | Glassdoor

2.3

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Developmement Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Nottingham (Nottingham, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Application online. Quite a lot of repition in the process. Then invited to an interview in front of a panel of six people for a 35mins interview! The panel then decided who they wanted that same day. They interviewed four candidates. I was very surprised they did the interviews in such a short time for what was seemingly a very important role to them.

Interview Questions

• Basically describe myself and my career experience of relevence to the post.   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Nottingham (Nottingham, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied through the university webpage, filling in the application for the post I was interested in. A couple of weeks later I received an e-mail indicating that I was among the candidates that they wanted to interview.
    The interview was with senior staff members from different schools but familiar with the area and they asked questions about previous experience, and other questions specific to the post to make sure that I had the required skills, etc

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and skills that could be useful for you in this position and how would you use them?   Answer Question

PhD Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Nottingham (Nottingham, England (UK)).

Interview

Questions were based on CV experience and previous background, the session was through Skype and the conversation held also was about my PhD expectations and my plans afterwards my doctorate conclusion

Interview Questions

• What did you do during your master studies?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Nottingham (Nottingham, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Very simple and easy interview. I have had three interviews within different departments and all were succesful. I got my first position through unitemps. The interview room is normally a nice interview room. The interview had very simple questions (I have listed a few) and they were mainly skill based questions regarding relatively basic computer proficiency and ability to work with students and senior academic staff.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with large databases? and How proficient are you with excel?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have working with students and providing customer service? On a front desk, over phone, or via email?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you with programme (course) support?   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience using Saturn, Moodle, Room Bookings, Catering, etc?   Answer Question

Open Access Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Nottingham (Nottingham, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied with a CV and Cover Letter. Received a quick response for an invite to interview a week later, with a small telephone interview. At the interview typical interview questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?
      How are you suited to this position?
      What are the challenges facing open access?   Answer Question

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Nottingham (Nottingham, England (UK)).

Interview

No interview process.Just cv cover letter. If you match with the requirements you will get the job. Just need to have high grades and some working experience. Then they offer you the project and if you are interested you can start working

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Nottingham (Nottingham, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

It took two weeks. On the day of interview, I received a call saying if I can come early. It was an easy interview as they never asked anything related to my experience or techniques. It lasted like little over five minutes.

Interview Questions

• Just simple questions like what qualities will you bring to this lab and how will resolve an issue with your colleague etc.   Answer Question

Telephone Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Nottingham (Nottingham, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Very easy, not formal. Causally dressed and the managers were really nice and helpful. Just a telephone interview then a group meeting with all the other future potential colleagues.

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Nottingham (Nottingham, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

HR process was reasonably efficient and timely. Application form did not require a huge amount of information so was easy to complete and submit. Interview was held about 2 weeks after the closing date and job offer was given 1 week after that.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the microbiota?   1 Answer

Telephone Fundraiser Interview

Application

Interview

Application and interview.

Interview was over the telephone and asked questions such as motivation for working in fundraising and what qualities are possessed that would help. Also asked for experience. Had to also do a role play as if ringing up an alumni and trying to create a donation.

Interview Questions

• Role play was hardest section as very unexpected - try to talk to them about their experiences at the uni and remind them of the amazing time they had before asking for money!   Answer Question