University of Oklahoma Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at University of Oklahoma

2.2

Sort:

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Oklahoma.

Interview

Had an interview with one other person, four interviewees. Each asked a question. Very relaxed environment, were looking for someone good with technology as well as someone who was friendly and willing to talk to people!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Oklahoma.

Interview

It went well. I thought it wouldn't go well, but it did go well. I was surprised they didn't ask any question that much.

Circulation Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Oklahoma (Norman, OK) in January 2016.

Interview

It was an easy one. I had the supervisor of the department interviewing me. The interviewer was mostly interested whether i could work certain shifts. I also gave brief introduction about my self (name, major and why i was interested in the job). It was short straightforward interview.

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Oklahoma (Norman, OK) in November 2011.

Interview

The process was initially very positive. I was contacted for an interview only days after submitting an online application. They were very friendly and showed they were interested in selling the job to me. The people I met and interviewed seemed very professional. I was asked to prepare a presentation of my portfolio, but they seemed not to have enough time to be interested in that when I got there.

After the interview, they asked me to perform an art test, which is odd, since my portfolio pretty much shows what I can do and art tests are typically used earlier in the process, well before interviews as a filter. It was a short test, and I submitted the results on time. I then heard nothing for weeks.

I finally sent an email to the hiring manager who notified me they had already sent notice that they hired someone else... VIA SNAIL-MAIL... through the correspondence dept at a huge university! Are you kidding? All other communications were either by phone or email. The manager said they had immediately sent out the mail, but after receiving the letter, I checked the post mark and noted that it was post-marked ten days after he said it was mailed. Good grief. MAJOR FAIL!

It's fine to be rejected. It's really no big deal, but being on the bubble for a job that could mean a major move for you and your family is stressful in a big way, especially when you know you are one of two finalists for the position. It is the height of unprofessional behavior to let that go on for weeks after making a decision, because you were either too embarrassed, busy, or lazy to assure prompt notification to other candidates waiting to hear from you.

Caller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Oklahoma (Norman, OK) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview, very laid back. After being hired I had a couple of days to get the paper work filled out. Then I came in on a Sunday for a training day. During the training they will go through pretend calls just so that the new callers will have a good idea of what to expect.

Interview Questions

• How much money do you feel comfortable asking alumni for?   1 Answer

Media Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Oklahoma in August 2017.

Interview

Very light and easy. Not intimidating at all. They wanted me to be there and made me feel welcome. They asked fun easy questions and I enjoyed the overall experience. Great starter interview practice

Interview Questions

• 30 seconds to write a descriptive idea about coffee. They did it as well   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Oklahoma (Norman, OK) in May 2015.

Interview

1 interview asking general behavioral questions along with a few questions about sales and the sales process. I am just writing words now because this glassdoor page will not let me leave without filing out at least 50 words. The interview was very straightforward. they just wanted to make sure that I was able to socialize and sell

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Oklahoma in January 2016.

Interview

uptight , boring , would never work here again, get out of oklahoma as fast as you can. full of prentious arrogant people. go to dallas. this place sucks just get out fast get alll the way out ... leave leave leave

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Oklahoma (Norman, OK) in August 2018.

Interview

took the English exam and got interviewed by several teachers from different department about my teaching experience and research experience, what preparation I had for the TA position? whether I'm eligible for a lab or just for grading based on my personality and social skills

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Oklahoma (Norman, OK) in March 2017.

Interview

Took part in a Graduate Recruitment Weekend and was interviewed individually by multiple possible employers on campus in one day. They were all similar in their processes. They lasted about 45 minutes and gaged my past job experiences and campus involvement. I received offers or rejections within the month.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult experience in your past and how you handled it?   Answer Question