University of Oregon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 16, 2017

2.6

Student Alumni Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Oregon (Eugene, OR).

Interview

Friendly. Talked to two people. Was able to ask questions about true program and how this position would fit in. Was really forthcoming with details about the job and what they were expecting.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to the table? Do you have any grand vision?   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Oregon (Eugene, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

The entire process reflected well on the hiring department and search committee at the University. I applied online and heard from a committee representative a couple weeks later. The interviews occurred in two stages: an initial Skype conversation with the search committee and then, one month later, a day of departmental meetings/presentations in person in Eugene (expenses paid). Ultimately, I pursued another opportunity but was grateful for the positive interview experience.

Interview Questions

• A mix of behavioral and relevant technical questions (SQL, SAS, statistical inference and modeling, etc.)   Answer Question

Orientations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Oregon (Eugene, OR).

Interview

Asked compare and Contrast questions as well as opinions on different UO policies and events. It was a group panel format and asked a lot about involvement with the University and what i've done so far.

Interview Questions

• What has your experience within the University been thus far?   Answer Question

Interview

Submitted a resume and was notified within a few weeks that a position had opened up. Very simple process and there was not very much paperwork. The office staff is amazing and very efficient at doing their job. Not a single complaint when it comes interacting with them through email or in person. Payroll is an easy process once direct deposit is set up.

Interview Questions

• There was no interview, but I included a description of my background and ability to teach in my application email.   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Oregon (Eugene, OR).

Interview

Walked in, said I took the class and got an A, got the job. That was it. It may have helped that I had a friend who worked there, but even without that I would've just had to show some coding knowledge

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Video interview since I was an out of state candidate. They contacted all of my references before setting up the interview. It was very informal, a 4 person panel, all of which were involved in the research project. Went over resume, why I was interested and what I could offer based on each duty listed in the job description. They didn't make an offer and I had to e-mail them to find out I wasn't selected well after the date they said they would make a decision by. It was unclear whether they were even going to e-mail me a rejection or not unless I asked.

Food Services Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Oregon.

Interview

No Interview, was hired on the spot. People had to wait in line at a table in order to apply for the position. The university posted when they held interviews.

Interview Questions

• Student information was required along with preferred places to work and hours needed per week. A max of 20 hours was allowed.   Answer Question

Analyst Programmer Interview

Interview

A week after the deadline, have a phone interview. Mostly behavioral questions. Another week later, meet the team on campus and have a group/panel interview after a coding exercise. Most questions are either about technical skills or behavioral practice.

Intramural Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Oregon (Eugene, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

They sat me down in a room full of current supervisors and the current boss. They asked roughly 20 questions varying from personal details such as age, year, major to situational questions about the job. They were all very relevant. After the interview process they did a walk through of your daily job and you shadowed a current supervisor.

Interview Questions

• If you were working a night outside on the turf fields and a thunder storm rolled in, what would you do? How would you handle the current and future games?   Answer Question

Teamwork Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Oregon (Eugene, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

Quick process, they take you to a large room with a bunch of people. Fairly intimidating if you're not expecting it. About fifteen generic questions. Nothing crazy, like why do you want to work here, what skills do you have to make you a great person, leadership stuff, teamwork stuff

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Tell us a time where you've been in a leadership role   1 Answer