University of Oregon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at University of Oregon

2.5

Sort:

Analyst Programmer Interview

Interview

A week after the deadline, have a phone interview. Mostly behavioral questions. Another week later, meet the team on campus and have a group/panel interview after a coding exercise. Most questions are either about technical skills or behavioral practice.

Art Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at University of Oregon (Eugene, OR) in March 2012.

Interview

It was a generally good experience. However, the interviewers had not made up their mind about what they were looking for in the position. The people were friendly and forthcoming, but it was hard to pitch oneself without a clear sense of what the department was looking for.

Intramural Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Oregon (Eugene, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

They sat me down in a room full of current supervisors and the current boss. They asked roughly 20 questions varying from personal details such as age, year, major to situational questions about the job. They were all very relevant. After the interview process they did a walk through of your daily job and you shadowed a current supervisor.

Interview Questions

• If you were working a night outside on the turf fields and a thunder storm rolled in, what would you do? How would you handle the current and future games?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Interview

Put in my resume and was contacted by email about a month later. I went in for an interview that week and was eventually hired to start at the beginning of the next term. The interview process was super relaxed and a lot of cool ppl work there!

Interview Questions

• It was actually a pretty standard interview. What are your strengths, what are your weaknesses, why do you want to work here etc.   Answer Question

Interview

The application was submitted to HR and then was received by the department. The entire process took about a month. The department interview was made up of 4 other people (both faculty and staff). Overall pretty easy, but the process took a long time. When I started there was a backlog of work to make up.

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Oregon (Eugene, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied in person in Oregon Hall, got the interview the next day, and the interview itself took about 30 minutes. It was very laid back and friendly. I talked with Accounts Payable Manager and Clerk.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how your past professional experiences can help you succeed here?   Answer Question

Adjunct Faculty Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at University of Oregon (Eugene, OR) in February 2012.

Interview

Hideous! All kinds of personal, discrimnatory questions. Interviewer discussed his political and social preferences and asked me mine. Interviewer wanted me to travel with him and be a "partner" of his own consulting business, in addition to working at the University.

Interview Questions

• Would I like to become his "consulting partner" and "travel with him". Inference was that my appointment to the University was contingent on this "private" arrangement.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Eventually a take it or leave it contract appeared in the mail.

Admin Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Oregon in November 2018.

Interview

I was contacted several weeks after applying on a Thursday and told the interview had to take place the next day during work hours, so I had to scramble to figure out my current work schedule. The interview itself was okay, but they spent a lot of time talking about themselves, instead of asking me questions. Took them a month to let me know I didn’t get the job.

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Oregon in January 2017.

Interview

It took a little over the month after the job posting closed to get notice of an interview. The interview process was great - very organized and thorough. The interview consisted of two staff and the director. They took turns asking pre determined questions (they gave me a printout of the questions). All three gave very informative answers to all of the questions I had. I also had about an hour of informal time with most of the other department staff - again, very informative.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult but the main focus of the position was a bit different than what I got from the job posting. So, I felt a little unprepared for a couple of questions.   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Oregon (Eugene, OR).

Interview

Walked in, said I took the class and got an A, got the job. That was it. It may have helped that I had a friend who worked there, but even without that I would've just had to show some coding knowledge