University of Oregon Interview Questions in Oregon | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.5

Football Player Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Oregon (Eugene, OR) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview process is completely based on film from high school combined with athletic ability and what they believe will be your potential growth physically. The process for high school players is a meat market, much like the NFL. The walk on process is basically a two or three day tryout, but they do not get paid a dime except during bowl season when they get $30 a day for food.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Oregon (Eugene, OR).

Interview

Walked in, said I took the class and got an A, got the job. That was it. It may have helped that I had a friend who worked there, but even without that I would've just had to show some coding knowledge

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Oregon (Eugene, OR) in June 2012.

Interview

Brought my application and was interviewed by the Manager and Assistant Manager. It was more of a get-to-know you interview to see if I would mesh with current staff members.

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Oregon (Eugene, OR) in January 2011.

Interview

Meet with the Director get a tour of the place. Director interviews you about the job description and what you would be responsible for. Makes sure that you are qualified and willing to learn about the different programs and assist students/faculty in different languages.

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Oregon (Eugene, OR) in September 2012.

Interview

It was a simple sit-down with the supervisor. I was asked about my goals and how I was able to balance working while being a student myself. It was a very easy and laid back process. They were in need of tutors and that made the whole process less stressful.

Interview Questions

• How will you be able to balance your own heavy course load while tutoring?   Answer Question

Infrastructure Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Oregon (Eugene, OR) in November 2014.

Interview

Went into a conference room with four senior staff members, they asked me questions about previous employment and made sure I would be up for some of the grungier tasks involved in the position. They just seemed to want to get to know me and make sure my resume accurately reflected my skills.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working with power tools?   1 Answer

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Oregon (Eugene, OR) in April 2014.

Interview

Minimum of three (3) years’ experience interpreting and analyzing statistical and financial information, applying strong analytical and problem-solving skills with close attention to detail, and making recommendations
    Exhibiting excellent communication skills (oral and written), strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
    Demonstrating expert level knowledge in MS Excel and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, etc.) software

Interview Questions

• and problem-solving skills with close attention to detail, and making recommendations
      Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Oregon (Eugene, OR) in March 2013.

Interview

A simple, brief interview about my university experience. I graduated from UO so they were familiar with what was expected of me knowledge-wise. I sent an email to the hiring group and they set up a 30 minute interview just to get an idea of who I am and what my skillset is.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Income prices are fixed, so little negotiation.

Food Service Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of Oregon (Eugene, OR) in April 2012.

Interview

Pretty straight forward questions that dealt with food service, safety within HACCP, and supervisory experience. Process took a while to know whether or not I was hired after the interview as they tend to do a lot of interviewing for various positions.

Office Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of Oregon (Eugene, OR) in May 2012.

Interview

Almost all Office Specialist II interviews start with a preliminary phone interview, followed by in-person interview. The timing between interviews can vary depending on the time to fill the position. Expect the process to take several months from point of application to final interview. Applications for this position are very competitive, but less so than a Office Specialist I. Be sure you know what department you are interviewing with and why you would be a good fit for that specific department. Questions are usually behavioral based.