University of Oregon Interview Questions in Oregon | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.5

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Oregon (Eugene, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied in person in Oregon Hall, got the interview the next day, and the interview itself took about 30 minutes. It was very laid back and friendly. I talked with Accounts Payable Manager and Clerk.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how your past professional experiences can help you succeed here?   Answer Question

Teamwork Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Oregon (Eugene, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

Quick process, they take you to a large room with a bunch of people. Fairly intimidating if you're not expecting it. About fifteen generic questions. Nothing crazy, like why do you want to work here, what skills do you have to make you a great person, leadership stuff, teamwork stuff

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Tell us a time where you've been in a leadership role   1 Answer

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Oregon (Eugene, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

The entire process reflected well on the hiring department and search committee at the University. I applied online and heard from a committee representative a couple weeks later. The interviews occurred in two stages: an initial Skype conversation with the search committee and then, one month later, a day of departmental meetings/presentations in person in Eugene (expenses paid). Ultimately, I pursued another opportunity but was grateful for the positive interview experience.

Interview Questions

• A mix of behavioral and relevant technical questions (SQL, SAS, statistical inference and modeling, etc.)   Answer Question

Adjunct Faculty Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at University of Oregon (Eugene, OR) in February 2012.

Interview

Hideous! All kinds of personal, discrimnatory questions. Interviewer discussed his political and social preferences and asked me mine. Interviewer wanted me to travel with him and be a "partner" of his own consulting business, in addition to working at the University.

Interview Questions

• Would I like to become his "consulting partner" and "travel with him". Inference was that my appointment to the University was contingent on this "private" arrangement.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Eventually a take it or leave it contract appeared in the mail.

Systems Infrastructure Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Oregon (Eugene, OR) in June 2013.

Interview

It is very controlled and by-the-book. They ask everybody the same questions, have to follow a script and have limited time for follow-up questions. It can take months to go from initial application to job offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you like to communicate with your coworkers and customers?   Answer Question

Intramural Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Oregon (Eugene, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

They sat me down in a room full of current supervisors and the current boss. They asked roughly 20 questions varying from personal details such as age, year, major to situational questions about the job. They were all very relevant. After the interview process they did a walk through of your daily job and you shadowed a current supervisor.

Interview Questions

• If you were working a night outside on the turf fields and a thunder storm rolled in, what would you do? How would you handle the current and future games?   Answer Question

Student Alumni Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Oregon (Eugene, OR).

Interview

Friendly. Talked to two people. Was able to ask questions about true program and how this position would fit in. Was really forthcoming with details about the job and what they were expecting.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to the table? Do you have any grand vision?   Answer Question

FIG Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Oregon (Eugene, OR) in December 2013.

Interview

With two interviewers, who were pretty engaging and friendly. They asked very standard questions-- a lot of scenario questions. The entire interview lasted approximately 30 minutes, and they got back to you with a job offer within one week. Overall, not a bad interview! I would recommend just reviewing standard interview questions, which can easily be found online.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't really a negotiation phase.

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Oregon (Eugene, OR) in April 2014.

Interview

Minimum of three (3) years’ experience interpreting and analyzing statistical and financial information, applying strong analytical and problem-solving skills with close attention to detail, and making recommendations
    Exhibiting excellent communication skills (oral and written), strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
    Demonstrating expert level knowledge in MS Excel and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, etc.) software

Interview Questions

• and problem-solving skills with close attention to detail, and making recommendations
      Answer Question

Orientations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Oregon (Eugene, OR).

Interview

Asked compare and Contrast questions as well as opinions on different UO policies and events. It was a group panel format and asked a lot about involvement with the University and what i've done so far.

Interview Questions

• What has your experience within the University been thus far?   Answer Question