University of Ottawa Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

2.8

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Ottawa (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

There are three rounds
    (1) Initial phone call to provide information about the job role
    (2) Technical round - this gets very technical, mostly coding questions and you can answer it in any object oriented programming language you want.
    (3)HR round - this is the final round and if you get to this stage you are almost in.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Ottawa.

Interview

Bilingual interview with 3 people, including my manager. Took place in the Ottawa location and lasted approximately 30 minutes, with all 3 interviewers asking questions. Most of the questions seemed to come from a general sheet.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions relative to the position requirements. How much experience I had doing those specific things. Very little coverage of past positions, except how they directly related to this position.   Answer Question

Risk Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Ottawa (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and a month and a half later recieved a request for phone interview.
    The phone interview lasted 15 minutes and was essentially just to make sure I was bilingual.

One week later I was asked to interview in person at the downtown office. A committee of 3 performed the interview and it lasted 1h 15 minutes which is exactly what they plan for.

13 questions, with sub questions are asked. You are allowed to write the question down and take your time before responding.

Most of the questions were to test knowledge on regulations and were situational. I.e. the University is planning this process - what are your recommendations, what is the process and what regulations would apply.

This was probably the most difficult interview I have ever had, great questions though - made to reflect real life situations.

I will not write the actual interview questions as they worked hard to build them and I wouldn't want them to have to restart the process.

Interview Questions

• I have to write something here   1 Answer

Work-Study Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Ottawa (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applications happen through the work study navigator. If you want a position where you actually code, then you will want to move all that information to the top!
    Contacting the department and doing your research will help you get the job. There are a lot of people applying through this program.

Interview Questions

• What type of linux servers have you managed and what tasks did that include?   Answer Question
    • What kind've tech support have you done and what are you steps for problem discovery? (Given a problem)   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Ottawa.

Interview

I submitted my resume to the law professor and then met with the professor to describe my interests and past educational and work experience. I explained to the professor as to why I am interested in the position and what I would hope to learn from this experience as well as how I could help to contribute to the work the professor was doing. The interview process was informal and friendly.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Ottawa (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

Just had a direct interview with the Professor asked some very basic questions and told me to wait for a decision regarding position in his research group. Had me in contact with the member of his research group and get me to have help regarding the basics of research work. Had to complete few university oriented workshops.

Interview Questions

• tell be someting about your previous research experience?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

applied out of Canada by email.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at University of Ottawa (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

There was only one interview and that`s the direct one-to-one interview, and the employer asked some background questions first, then the questions about the software ability and analytical skills. The questions also included "do you think you are suitable for this position""tell your merits", etc.

Interview Questions

• describe one example about utilizing the STATA software.   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

There may or may not be a interview. Advanced courses usually have a small interaction process before the final offering. Job seekers should have passed that particular course in past years.

Interview Questions

• You must know the tools to be used in the lab sessions.   Answer Question

Master's Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Ottawa (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in June 2013.

Interview

Basic, lab questions- have I do PCR, western, worked with cells, etc.. before.
    Took about an hour. The building is very complicated so get there an hour before to find the lab.