University of Ottawa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at University of Ottawa

2.6

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Ottawa (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Not many questions asked, the professor knew me before. Reaching out to a professor to do research with them is a really opportunity for students and many are happy to take on students.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of Ottawa (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in January 2019.

Interview

The process was pretty long.
    I applied in Dec 26, 2018 and got interview call on 14th January 2019.
    I was being told that they will call me in the next 2-3 weeks if I am selected.
    I heard back from them after 4 weeks.

They had a list of questions ready to ask to the candidates.

Written test took about 30 minutes
    Personal interview took about 45 minutes

Interview Questions

• What are WCAG standards, where did you use them in your previous projects   Answer Question
    • Give example where you had to maintain the same look and feel of the website   Answer Question
    • What is API, VIM, PREG command, CP-R* command?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Ottawa (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Was done within the office, and the questions were pretty straight forward and at the end he asked about identifyign the different computer components, different ports and finally asked the ip/tcp protocols

Interview Questions

• Explain the different IP/TCP protocols   1 Answer

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Ottawa (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in February 2011.

Interview

Took a course from a professor. Got good grade. Then mentioned to him that I'm interested in doing a research project with him. No interview.

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Ottawa (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

Just received mail from department ccing professor to choose to accept the student as a teaching assistant. Received an email from professor for an interview. Professor asked regarding the background and whether i am comfortable with the subject.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

There may or may not be a interview. Advanced courses usually have a small interaction process before the final offering. Job seekers should have passed that particular course in past years.

Interview Questions

• You must know the tools to be used in the lab sessions.   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

There is no no interview process. The positions are generally allocated to students as a part of a scholarship, at a rate of one course or 130 hours per semester for four semesters. However registered students with relevant experience may apply for the positions, but face still competition from others especially since there are few positions to begin with.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Ottawa.

Interview

I submitted my resume to the law professor and then met with the professor to describe my interests and past educational and work experience. I explained to the professor as to why I am interested in the position and what I would hope to learn from this experience as well as how I could help to contribute to the work the professor was doing. The interview process was informal and friendly.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Ottawa (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

Just had a direct interview with the Professor asked some very basic questions and told me to wait for a decision regarding position in his research group. Had me in contact with the member of his research group and get me to have help regarding the basics of research work. Had to complete few university oriented workshops.

Interview Questions

• tell be someting about your previous research experience?   Answer Question

Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Ottawa (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

Asked questions about myself, what I expected from the job. Gave situational questions and asked how I would react and what I would do. Very relaxed environment, did not feel stressed what so ever.

Interview Questions

• What would you do during a blackout at the dome   1 Answer