University of Pennsylvania Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Pennsylvania Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2018

2.6

Ra Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania.

Interview

Interview was discussion of experience. There was really nothing else was
    used. The process started through emails and eventually led to an face to face interview. The process was pretty quick and really wasn't long and dragged out like most interviews.

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Came in for an interview for a part time assistant role. Interview was pretty standard, going over everything about the prior experience on my resume and to go into detail about what I did and how I did them. They also tested me about the current position and asked me to repeat what the duties were. They then started asking me questions that were irrelevant to the position and more about the college. They told me about the number of other candidates they interviewed so far. Felt very competitive despite being a position without any major responsibilities.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania.

Interview

My interview process is as follows: phone interview, followed by writing examination, then half day in person interview. This took place over about two months, with the position beginning one week after acceptance. The interview itself was pleasant, allowing me to ask questions and meet fellow co-workers.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing about yourself that you wish that we knew.   Answer Question

Research Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania.

Interview

Process took about a month from application to offer. Consisted of a phone interview and in-person interview with all of the expected questions. Although I'm sure there are some great opportunities at Penn, I was put-off enough by my experience that I turned down their offer. Remember that you are interviewing them just as much as they are interviewing you. Don't be blinded by the prestige associated with the organization - have standards and enforce them.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a challenge that you had to overcome at work.   Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator In One of the Schools Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2018.

Interview

"Interview" was done via SparkHire as a one-way video interview. It was the most awkward, stressful experience. I don't understand why you would replace a phone screen with watching candidates awkwardly try to not stare at themselves in a web cam and answer *canned* questions (except to possibly get away with letting biases and prejudices influence the hiring decision without coming right out and saying so?)

Interview Questions

• Something along the lines of, why do you want this position? SparkHire only seems to offer canned questions.   Answer Question

Biostatistician Interview

Interview

three phone interviews and one final half day on site interview. First one is general HR interview and the second and third are technical and last is more behavioral. And on site may meet everyone in the office, you will receive final decision in 1-2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What software did you use, what projects, what did you learn in school   Answer Question

Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2018.

Interview

Given a day's notice to come in to interview with several people and gladly obliged. After the interview process was done, I was told it would take 4-6 weeks to make a decision. We are now approaching 8 weeks and after an e-mail and a voicemail to find out what the status of my application was, there was not even a response to my e-mail letting me know anything.

Interview Questions

• Why did I feel that I was the right candidate for the position?   Answer Question

Master's Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

uncomfortable--first time doing Skype interview--didn't feel comfortable revealing personal information--like demonstrating my personal passion for my subject matter--over Skype. 30 words yet. this is annoying. this should be 30 words by now.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2017.

Interview

Brought in for preliminary interview for a research assistant position for The Smilow Center after applying through the University of Pennsylvania's own research position finder. Interviewed with the director of the branch that I was interested in

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Very standard, one round. Got an email to come in, had a short 15-20 minute interview in which some basic questions were asked. Manager let me know that she had some more interviews that week and that if I were to receive an offer it would be that next week.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation in which you had to pay extreme attention to detail in your last job.   Answer Question