University of Pennsylvania Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Pennsylvania Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Pennsylvania

2.6

Programmer Analyst Interview

Interview

it was good....the hr was nice and funny. overall i can give her 4 stars. the professor also ask me some qustions. it was good....the hr was nice and funny. overall i can give her 4 stars. the professor also ask me some qustions.

Physician Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania.

Interview

They make you take some personality quiz and filmed a video montage which is very annoying and seem pointless. Why do they want the candidates to record themselves answering questions?

Interview Questions

• they asked a lot of questions. Inside one "question," there are 2-3 different questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania.

Interview

I received an invitation to interview a few weeks after submitting the online application. It was simple to schedule the interview, which was with the Executive Director (ED), and the interview itself lasted a brief 20 minutes. The conversation was pleasant, if a bit rushed, and the questions of average difficulty. At the end of it the ED said that I would be a perfect fit and gave me a verbal offer. He asked me to email back within a week if I didn't hear anything regarding a written offer.

One week went by and I emailed, as requested; the ED said he would get back to me "ASAP."

Another week went by and I emailed to follow-up. This time, I received no response.

I then emailed in a bit over a week and, again, received no response.

Two days after this last email I called the administrative assistant who setup the interview originally, not having any other numbers available, and she let me know that, although she didn't have the ED's phone number (they had just moved offices, I was told), she would pass along to him that I called.

Two days after that—a full month after the interview—I called the ED, whose number I located in the online directory. Our phone conversation lasted less than two minutes and he communicated simply that they would be sending out offer letters by the end of that day. Less than five minutes later I receive an email from another administrative assistant informing me that I was not selected for the position.

Everyone with whom I have shared this saga has found it ironic that the Center for Ethics and the Rule of Law (Center) would drag out the application process in this manner. I would have understood had the ED walked back his offer shortly after the interview or in response to any of the numerous emails I sent to follow-up. But to lead me on—to say that he would get back to me "ASAP" and then fail to respond to follow-up emails—and then to choose to withhold from me, over the phone, that I was no longer in the running, choosing instead to have me find this out over email, a few minutes later, was simply poor form and unprofessional.

I know that the Center does excellent work, admire their faculty and publications, and hope to engage with them at some point in the future. This post, then, is about the hiring process and the poor manner in which the ED managed my specific hiring situation only.

Research Specialist B Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2020.

Interview

I went in and spoke verbally to the professor that was hiring. We talked about experience, personal needs, and the expectations of the new job. She also introduced me to another professor with a similar position opening. This was not usual, but I thought it was very nice to allow me to effectively interview for 2 positions in one day.

Interview Questions

• How long do you think it will you take to get up to speed?   1 Answer

Interview

My supervisor kindly invites me for an interview and we had a great time chatting with each other. Everything went well and I was amazed by their friendliness and support along the journey. Absolutely amazing!!

Research Specialist C Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2020.

Interview

Applied online from the Upenn website. Very convenient to be able to apply for multiple jobs very quickly. I was contacted about 4 days after submitting my resume to set up an appointment for an interview. My interview took about 2 hours, I met with the PI and her staff members. Overall it was a quick process and I had a really great experience meeting with 3 different labs.

Interview Questions

• What techniques I was most comfortable with, and how I performed primary neuron culture (it was on my resume from my last position).   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania.

Interview

It was really relaxed. I submitted an application, was emailed rather promptly. I was brought into an office and interviewed by the assistant. This person was/is extremely nice and asked lots of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you find a missing data point in a schools tuition information?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

It was a one on one interview with the manager and then a 2 on one interview with two other employees at the company. Straight forward- just a normal question and answer for about an hour and a half and then some time where I asked them questions.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2020.

Interview

I was contacted shortly after I applied online for a phone interview. Then I was asked to do in-person interview with the project manager and program manager. The next day, I was asked to provide two references and I was offered the job a week later.

Human Resources Interview

Application

Interview

Three step interview process. First a phone screen, followed by an in person interview with the hiring officers, the third interview was with an executive level manager. The interview questions were mostly situational.

Interview Questions

• What attracts you to work at the University of Pennsylvania   Answer Question