University of Pennsylvania Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Pennsylvania Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2018

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2009.

Interview

Was notified about the position through contacts, but it was also advertised widely. Applied and in less than 3 weeks had one on-site interview. Was offered the position soon thereafter.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very little negotiation - I know my industry well and the position offer was just fine!

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2011.

Interview

Very long interview process. Met with 10 people over 2 days. Everyone is very educated. The interviewers are very passionate about their work. It took about 3 months to hear back about my interview. I've heard some people say it took 6 months.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to articulate your strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not much wiggle room for salary. There seems to be a set budget for the salary and they don't move far from the mark. I had to take a 20% pay cut to work here.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2013.

Interview

It can often take a long time to hear from HR/hiring manager after applying. Very slow process. Every position receives hundreds of applications, and there are often internal candidates. Other institutions will flag internal candidates, but Penn does not. You will often also be expected to meet with many people for interviews lasting a half day or full day of interviews.

Interview Questions

• What skill do you feel is most important to success in this role?   1 Answer

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania.

Interview

Positive interview process focused on specific experiences and my characteristics. Questions varied depending on my answers, which showed their investment in my experiences rather than a straight forward interview process. Great conversation that was more relaxed than I would've anticipated.

Interview Questions

• Why should we consider your application over some of the other candidates?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied via a recruiter, I was interviewed multiple times by different groups to determine where I fit best in the organization. This process was thorough but a bit tiring for me although I completely understood the motivations at work. After about 2 months of interviews I was made an offer and after some negotiations on the finer points I accepted.

Interview Questions

• They mainly asked about my experience and how I handled difficult situations in the workplace.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2013.

Interview

It started as an over the phone screen. If you pass you get in person screen.
    I met the whole team, first got interviewed by the manager, then went to a team interview.
    You'll get lobbed a couple of softball cs 101 questions.

Interview Questions

• Diagram Fizzbuzz in your preferred language.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone technical interview at first. You got the chance to meet all the people who are very friendly in the team. You have to answer question including technical and behavior. The staffs are helpful.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2009.

Interview

Emailed professor, went to his office for a 30 minute interview. Professor showed me his lab and group. Described his research and challenges to be faced in the lab. Lab was organized but lacking in certain resources. Nice people to work around. Research proposal was not the most interesting.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2009.

Interview

Was a fairly easy interview, some basic questions about my line of work were asked as well as a small written test. I had to do an online computer skills based test as well as a personality question based text. Overall the tests were fairly easy and I got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated my salary, it went fairly well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Came in for an interview for a part time assistant role. Interview was pretty standard, going over everything about the prior experience on my resume and to go into detail about what I did and how I did them. They also tested me about the current position and asked me to repeat what the duties were. They then started asking me questions that were irrelevant to the position and more about the college. They told me about the number of other candidates they interviewed so far. Felt very competitive despite being a position without any major responsibilities.