University of Pennsylvania Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 10, 2018

2.6

231 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Biostatistician Interview

Interview

three phone interviews and one final half day on site interview. First one is general HR interview and the second and third are technical and last is more behavioral. And on site may meet everyone in the office, you will receive final decision in 1-2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What software did you use, what projects, what did you learn in school   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Very standard, one round. Got an email to come in, had a short 15-20 minute interview in which some basic questions were asked. Manager let me know that she had some more interviews that week and that if I were to receive an offer it would be that next week.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation in which you had to pay extreme attention to detail in your last job.   Answer Question

Center Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania.

Interview

Phone interview, basic intake a review of resume. Can't provide more information on the final result as they have outlined a four-week process for hiring and I am only in week one. They do provide status updates via email.

Interview Questions

• experiences with supervision   1 Answer

Grants Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

We spent about half an hour on the phone together. This was a pre-interview screening. Because Penn is so large and its schools and departments function so differently, a lot of the call focused on the interviewer describing the culture of this particular department.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my grant writing experience, team working abilities, and ability to work with legacy systems.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania.

Interview

Positive interview process focused on specific experiences and my characteristics. Questions varied depending on my answers, which showed their investment in my experiences rather than a straight forward interview process. Great conversation that was more relaxed than I would've anticipated.

Interview Questions

• Why should we consider your application over some of the other candidates?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania.

Interview

I interviewed for the clinical research assistant position for my school's internship program. The whole process took a few weeks. The interview consisted of simple get to know you questions and an explanation of the role. No situational or tricky questions.

Digital Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

A Skype interview was set up by my recruiter. I met with the Marketing Associate to go over my skills and see if I'd be an appropriate fit for the role. The interview only lasted 15 mins.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with the backend of WordPress or do you recommend hiring a developer?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

Had an interview with the person who would be my direct supervisor. He was very kind and I enjoyed meeting with him. He told me he would follow up early the following week, but did not do so. I found out I had not been offered the position/had not made it to the next round of interviewing through an email from Penn's automated HR software at the end of the week following my interview.

Interview Questions

• Explaining experience largely. Very few typical job interview questions.   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Interview

Interveiw was scheduled after the PI was reffered to me. Spoke to the PI for about three minutes before being awkwardly left with one of her post docs (who happened to be the only other african american person in the room). A standerd interveiw followed with minimal contact with the PI. She later posted the job on the hr website and essentially reacted as if we had never met when I emailed her directly. In resproscept, a pretty negative experience.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about our lab? (I hadn't; they had contacted me).   1 Answer

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Most of the interview questions were general and nothing was too difficult to answer. Receiving an offer required multiple interviews and took a bit over two months from the first interview to receiving an offer. The entire process from applying to starting the job took about four months. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe ability to quickly learn new information/processes/technologies   Answer Question