University of Pennsylvania Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Pennsylvania Interview Questions

Updated Apr 28, 2017

2.6

Registered Dietitian Interview

Application

I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania in February 2014.

Interview

very detailed phone interview to start.

Cartographer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania in August 2010.

Interview

interviewed only once looking forward to hearing from them

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Phila, PA).

Interview

Technical interview about my previous experience and publications. My career goals? There were multiple sessions wherein presented my work and then panel would ask questions based on presentation. They sent me multiple papers and asked for my comments.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. Just one salary offer take it or leave it.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

Submitted Google form and then a 20 min interview. The acceptance rate was about 250 applications, from which about 40 are interviewed. Head TAs lead the interview process. Interview itself is with 2 head TAs- a brain teaser question, explaining of a concept, and then fake office hours.

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

Presentation was required and multiple questions regarding your research were asked during the interview. The PI and the post-doc were the interviewers. You have to be prepared to be interrupted during your presentation. In the end of the interview, you will be notified how likely you will actually get the position.

Interview Questions

• Please explain mechanism of each step for my synthesis sequence.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone technical interview at first. You got the chance to meet all the people who are very friendly in the team. You have to answer question including technical and behavior. The staffs are helpful.

Administrative Assistant A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Once you get chosen for an interview, the process for most of the jobs is pretty fast. You may meet with a panel or your main boss. I met with my tri-presidental group, so I had three people on my interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any kids (my panel was 70+ and all faculty members, and the lone female asked this one)? This was the worst and dumbest question they asked me.   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Phila, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone Screen then chosen to tape a one way video interview (at home) with their preselected interview questions. Answered five questions and had to tape each response before submitting to the HR department. I had to follow up a month later as no notification given (phone or email) to update status

Interview Questions

• What types of projects did you lead? Size and scope of project responsibilities and leadership skills   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2011.

Interview

Very long interview process. Met with 10 people over 2 days. Everyone is very educated. The interviewers are very passionate about their work. It took about 3 months to hear back about my interview. I've heard some people say it took 6 months.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to articulate your strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not much wiggle room for salary. There seems to be a set budget for the salary and they don't move far from the mark. I had to take a 20% pay cut to work here.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a long process, it took about three hours, but i was able to meet much of the staff. I think that they wanted to make sure that they picked the right person.

Interview Questions

• How will you make a difference here at UPenn?   1 Answer