University of Pennsylvania Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 14, 2017

2.6

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

Had an interview with the person who would be my direct supervisor. He was very kind and I enjoyed meeting with him. He told me he would follow up early the following week, but did not do so. I found out I had not been offered the position/had not made it to the next round of interviewing through an email from Penn's automated HR software at the end of the week following my interview.

Interview Questions

• Explaining experience largely. Very few typical job interview questions.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was in a casual manner. Since I've sent all relevant files to the professor, such as CV and previous works, the professor just asked me some details about the projects on the CV. And we also talked about a little bit about my background.

Digital Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

A Skype interview was set up by my recruiter. I met with the Marketing Associate to go over my skills and see if I'd be an appropriate fit for the role. The interview only lasted 15 mins.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with the backend of WordPress or do you recommend hiring a developer?   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania.

Interview

Positive interview process focused on specific experiences and my characteristics. Questions varied depending on my answers, which showed their investment in my experiences rather than a straight forward interview process. Great conversation that was more relaxed than I would've anticipated.

Interview Questions

• Why should we consider your application over some of the other candidates?   Answer Question

Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a long interview involving talking to half of the researchers in the lab. I talked briefly to the PI and then moved on to other post-docs and researchers. The process was informal and lasted for about 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• About my research in undergrad, about my interests in the lab, and my expectations in next two years.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania.

Interview

I interviewed for the clinical research assistant position for my school's internship program. The whole process took a few weeks. The interview consisted of simple get to know you questions and an explanation of the role. No situational or tricky questions.

Research Specialist A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Phila, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Talk about research, expectations, what my background is, go through the motions, have a tour. Overall it was okay but drawn out. Salary was also mentioned during interview. For this position, an entry level position, it shouldnt be too difficult to secure a good interview.

Interview Questions

• What experience you have with PCR   1 Answer

Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

First, I was asked to do a recorded video interview, it wasn't face to face. I had to record answers to 5 questions and was given multiple tries for each. I was then called in for an in person interview with 3 supervisors, given information about potential salary and benefits, and given a tour of the building and office I would be working in. The interview lasted about an hour and I was given time to ask them questions at the end. They liked that I was engaged and interested enough to ask thoughtful questions.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had a conflict with a coworker and how you solved it   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

Very straightforward. I met in person with my potential supervisor. We briefly discussed my resume, skillset, and expectations. He told me more about the foci of his research and how I could contribute to his work. I was offered the position at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself (e.g., your skills and education).   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Interview

Interveiw was scheduled after the PI was reffered to me. Spoke to the PI for about three minutes before being awkwardly left with one of her post docs (who happened to be the only other african american person in the room). A standerd interveiw followed with minimal contact with the PI. She later posted the job on the hr website and essentially reacted as if we had never met when I emailed her directly. In resproscept, a pretty negative experience.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about our lab? (I hadn't; they had contacted me).   1 Answer