University of Pennsylvania Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 28, 2017

2.6

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was in a casual manner. Since I've sent all relevant files to the professor, such as CV and previous works, the professor just asked me some details about the projects on the CV. And we also talked about a little bit about my background.

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Phila, PA).

Interview

Technical interview about my previous experience and publications. My career goals? There were multiple sessions wherein presented my work and then panel would ask questions based on presentation. They sent me multiple papers and asked for my comments.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. Just one salary offer take it or leave it.

IT Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania.

Interview

Phone screen with the hiring manager. The interviewer was very condescending and left a really poor impression. I was so taken aback by this person's demeanor to the point where I informed them that I was no longer interested in the role. I hope my experience isn't representative of Penn's IT department as a whole, but beware!

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania.

Interview

I was able to interview virtually for the first portion, answering 5 questions. Next, I was invited to an on-campus interview, one-to-one, with an Assistant Dean. It was very warm, professional, and easy to ascertain UPENN culture.

Interview Questions

• Describe my professional experience with employers and developing employment opportunties?   Answer Question

Grants Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Two Interviews. One with two Grants Managers and then my final with the Director of Finance. It was very straightforward and moved quickly. I got the position through Penn's preferred temp agency, Unique Advantage. It was temp-to-perm.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions (greatest strength/weakness, describe a workplace dispute). Nothing inventive.   Answer Question

Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

First interview with future boss and his boss
    Second interview with future colleagues
    Final interview with HR manager
    Atmosphere was cordial and engaging
    Once convinced about my credential, interviewers were rather friendly
    Depth of questions was average, since I was very familiar with the software they used and its maintenance

Interview Questions

• Describe my experience with software projects   1 Answer
    • My work history   1 Answer
    • Describe my experience in managing direct reports   1 Answer

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone screen followed by an in-person interview with a five-person committee. Everyone was very nice, although it can be intimidating to be interviewed by a large panel. The in-person interview took about an hour.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my previous experience in higher education.   Answer Question

Research Specialist A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Phila, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Talk about research, expectations, what my background is, go through the motions, have a tour. Overall it was okay but drawn out. Salary was also mentioned during interview. For this position, an entry level position, it shouldnt be too difficult to secure a good interview.

Interview Questions

• What experience you have with PCR   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very simple; this was for a student position. I responded to an online posting on the school website and was called in to interview with the lead researcher. It was a relaxed and casual atmosphere. Many questions were of the "let's get to know you" type, and fairly easy to answer. Just have a good understanding of your resume and what you've done so far.

Interview Questions

• How do your studies and skills relate to [research topic]?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (New York, NY).

Interview

It was short and 30 min interview. Basically I was asked about my previous interests. How did I ended up coming for a phd and why did I changed my track from computer engineering to computational biology. Also the recruiter asked about my current work.