University of Pennsylvania Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.6

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

Submitted Google form and then a 20 min interview. The acceptance rate was about 250 applications, from which about 40 are interviewed. Head TAs lead the interview process. Interview itself is with 2 head TAs- a brain teaser question, explaining of a concept, and then fake office hours.

Research Specialist A Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania.

Interview

I interviewed for a spot at the FTD center, a lab in the hospital that studies aging. The interviewer was very unprofessional - arrived late, remembered another upcoming appointment halfway into the interview, and did not give me a chance to ask the questions I had prepared after doing my research on both the position and the lab's work. The interviewer also asked questions that were already answered on my resume, and just overall seemed extremely disorganized and unfit for proper interview behavior. I prepared for this interview, but the lab did not.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania in November 2016.

Interview

started with an initial phone interview then moved on to a group interview with everyone in the department that i was looking to work with . Very fast process because they were desperate to fill the position

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania.

Interview

The man who scheduled the first phone call was actually an analyst himself I think, not a recruiter. Talked about the job, the team, and asked me in general about my skills and interest. No technical questions. One thing I found strange was although the job description emphasized good knowledge about data tools like R, Python, Tableau, the questions he asked me were about Excel. I told him I don't use Excel that much, but certainly if I could get good at R and Python I can get good at Excel. This seemed to satisfy him. Overall it was a pleasant interview, except he told me he'd get back to me within a week and never did.

PSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very easy and laid back not your average interview. I came into the interview more tense than what needed. Interviewer was pretty straight to the point. I would definitely recommend others to apply

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania.

Interview

Warm, welcoming, and passionate staff. Interview consisted of standard background and experience questions. Interviewers spoke very highly of the institution at large and genuinely seemed to enjoy their current positions. Just had interview, still waiting for outcome.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The physician reached out to me personally to set up an interview. Immediately I thought that this was either a REALLY good sign or a REALLY bad sign. Turns out it was the latter. The first interview was by phone. It wasn't bad, but he postponed the face-to-face interview twice.

He postponed the first one-on-one interview the day before (via email). And I only found out that the SECOND interview was postponed the day of. I just so happened to check my email which included a sincere apology from the doctor. However, I was already dressed and in route to the second scheduled interview by the time I received the message. He had sent the email after MIDNIGHT teh day of. Now, I don't know about you, but I try to go to bed early the night before an early morning interview. So I didn't receive the message until it was too late. I understand that things come up, but that was twice so far that I had to schedule time off of work!

After a week of of not hearing anything, I decided to reach out to the doctor again to schedule an interview for a THIRD time. Only after I pressed the issue did I actually receive an interview. Finally! During that interview, I met with three different people... in two different departments.... in two different buildings. They seemed sort of disorganized and distracted. But that's why they were looking for help, right? To make matters worse, I never heard anything back from them! Not a "no thank you" or "thanks for applying anyway." Nothing. Nada.

In hindsight, if this is how they treat their applicants, I can only imagine how they would treat their employees. The lesson here for job applicants? If an interview is postponed multiple times, it's a red flag! Please believe me.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions. Nothing creative or out-of-the box. (i.e. what makes you a good fit for the position? Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Student Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I applied for a student position. The interview was very easy, as the conductor was simply interested in learning more about my general background. Would recommend this as a starter job as an incoming student with no work history.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted the same day to schedule an in-person interview. Interviewers were very clear about position and willing to work around current work schedule. Very pleasant experience. Was offered water and fully informed of how the interview was going to go before it started. The whole process took about one hour.

Interview Questions

• What past research experience will help with this position?   1 Answer

Clinical Research Assistant B Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

Met with the hiring manager who would be my direct supervisor. Started off with a description of the position followed by a series of behavioral questions to understand my background and how I have dealt with situations in the past. Entire process was 60 minutes.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you faced a challenging situation in the work place and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question