University of Pennsylvania Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Pennsylvania Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.6

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania.

Interview

Standard interview process. First submitted an application. Got an email asking for references. Then a phone interview . Then a visit to give a seminar and tour the facilities. Met and socialize (breakfast, lunch, dinner) with lab people. Fast and very well organized.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with professor over the phone. First to introduce yourself, your time avaliablity and then to discribe what projects you have done before and how are those experience related to their current research. Then meet with HR to discuss with some general questions like working terms and sign up confidentiality agreement.

Interview Questions

• What was your experience related to this position?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

It was very casual and he just explained what he and his lab was doing and asked about my interests and goals. He asked me a few questions about the specific work he was doing.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

Approximately 8 hours long. Met with about 7 different people, including my PI. Gave a 1 hour lecture on my PhD research, and went to lunch with some of the lab. It's a long day, but worth it.

Interview Questions

• How will you leverage your knowledge gained throughout the PhD to benefit the lab?   Answer Question

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

Selection based on class performance. The class involved weekly assignments, especially focused on class presentations. Ability to provide appropriate and useful feedback was crucial to getting the job. The professor reached out at the end of class to see if I was interested. Once I expressed interest, I was asked to write a statement of interest for the role, which was subsequently reviewed.

Research Specialist A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by another research specialist and met with a few people in the lab that I would be working with if extended an offer. The other researchers were friendly, easy to talk to, and seemed happy about their current positions. Unfortunately I didn't get the job, but I was more disappointed that I was rejected via a "noreply" generic email and not more personally...I would have liked to ask for interview feedback but I feel funny doing so now.

TA Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania.

Interview

Went in spoke to the proffesor. He was very calm and collected. We had a normal conversation. He clearly needed me to work to work there quite badly. I didnt mind because the job was quite easy

Interview Questions

• Did i have any proior teaching experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

Quite easy

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Pleasant interview with faculty member held in his office. He told me his title and explained his roles. He also explained the position that I was applying for in more detail. He asked the questionTell me about yourself, I stated my work experience. He also asked how I handled myself under stress and how I prioritized work under strict deadlines,etc

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, Why should we hire you? Why are you leaving your present job?   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you? Why are you leaving your present job?   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Phila, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone Screen then chosen to tape a one way video interview (at home) with their preselected interview questions. Answered five questions and had to tape each response before submitting to the HR department. I had to follow up a month later as no notification given (phone or email) to update status

Interview Questions

• What types of projects did you lead? Size and scope of project responsibilities and leadership skills   Answer Question

RN Resource Team Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

Outside recruiter contacted me. Referred to in-house recruiter; interviewed by recruiter. Online survey screening; passed screening. Referred to Director; interviewed with director. Shadowed nurse working in position for 1-8hr shift. Offered position; accepted offer. Drug screening. The whole process took approx. 1-2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult family or patient situation and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with a difficult situation in the workplace that you do not know how to handle?   Answer Question