University of Pennsylvania Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.6

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

It was cool. Pretty in depth. Went through a pretty traditional research process. Learned about the organization and the Penn culture. Also got to learn about the area I would be work in, who the study team was, some of their goals and how they viewed the position. It was pretty low key, I did have homework to do afterwords which was pretty cool. I nailed it and eventually received the job offer. Not really sure what else to say here, but it was very interesting

Interview Questions

• What is your working style?   1 Answer

Research Specialist A Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania.

Interview

I was referred by another staff member in the lab, so I sent the PI a cover letter and resume. I was then invited for an interview, where I met with the PI and the senior research associate for a relatively informal interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

HR set restrictions on the salary depending on how many years of experience I had, which meant there was little room for negotiation.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job in August. I received a call for a phone interview 2 months later. I was contacted for face to face interview 1 week afterwards. Interviewer was very chatty and often rambled off-topic.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage multiple priorities? Tell me about an accomplishment you were proud of? How do you handle confrontation? When have you made a mistake and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

At Facilities and Real Estate Division Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I submitted my resume and my cover letter after I saw a job flyer being circulated in emails. I was then asked to attend an interview. The interview was held at the office in the Left Bank Building. The team leader interviewed me with a former intern. Attire was business professional and lasted around twenty to thirty minutes. After a week or so I was told I got the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my interests and possible project ideas   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a very long process which included an online application, a phone interview with the hiring manager, and then an in person interview with the team. The interview were thoughtful and fine but there was a lot of time between each interview. Afterward I sent a thank you email and it wasn't until a month later I received the generic "we've moved forward with someone else". I followed up with the hiring manager for feedback and she only responded that they decided to hire a UPenn Alum.

Interview Questions

• Very general questions about how I work in a team, my experience with budgets, and staying organized. They seem to be feeling more so for my personality than anything else.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone technical interview at first. You got the chance to meet all the people who are very friendly in the team. You have to answer question including technical and behavior. The staffs are helpful.

Patient Access Representative Excellence Academy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process is rather drawn out but I guess it has to run it's course to get the right people for the training class. First, you have to answer 111 ettiquete questions, have a phone interview, and then you must take a few test such as a typing test, writing sample, and questions regarding the internet to test your level of web knowledge. So now I just wait for the next step. The good thing is that my status still reads "considering." I guess that's a good sign!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Penn Medicine?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania.

Interview

was referred by an employee then was contacted for an in person interview. the in person interview was about 15 minutes, very short and easy. Was asked a few background questions and things related to the position

Bioinformatics Programmer Interview

Application

Interview

An onsite visit followed by phone interview, lots of tech questions. The PI and lab members are very nice and friendly. By the end of the interview, they showed me around their lab. Overall it was very good experience.

Clinical Research Coordinator C Interview

Anonymous Employee in Old National Post Office, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Old National Post Office, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was laid back and casual. One of the most casual interviews I've had. I interviewed with two coordinators first and then a senior coordinator and a research nurse. I also met with the director of the group and a few principal investigators. All were very friendly and kind.

Interview Questions

• What do you want your typical day to look like? Tell us about yourself? Are you comfortable working on a team?   Answer Question