University of Pennsylvania Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA | Glassdoor

2.5

141 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Very standard, one round. Got an email to come in, had a short 15-20 minute interview in which some basic questions were asked. Manager let me know that she had some more interviews that week and that if I were to receive an offer it would be that next week.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation in which you had to pay extreme attention to detail in your last job.   Answer Question

Grants Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

We spent about half an hour on the phone together. This was a pre-interview screening. Because Penn is so large and its schools and departments function so differently, a lot of the call focused on the interviewer describing the culture of this particular department.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my grant writing experience, team working abilities, and ability to work with legacy systems.   Answer Question

Digital Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

A Skype interview was set up by my recruiter. I met with the Marketing Associate to go over my skills and see if I'd be an appropriate fit for the role. The interview only lasted 15 mins.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with the backend of WordPress or do you recommend hiring a developer?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

Had an interview with the person who would be my direct supervisor. He was very kind and I enjoyed meeting with him. He told me he would follow up early the following week, but did not do so. I found out I had not been offered the position/had not made it to the next round of interviewing through an email from Penn's automated HR software at the end of the week following my interview.

Interview Questions

• Explaining experience largely. Very few typical job interview questions.   Answer Question

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Most of the interview questions were general and nothing was too difficult to answer. Receiving an offer required multiple interviews and took a bit over two months from the first interview to receiving an offer. The entire process from applying to starting the job took about four months. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe ability to quickly learn new information/processes/technologies   Answer Question

IT Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position in early March. After waiting more than a month, I received an automated email informing me that an interview was to be scheduled, and was contacted for a phone screening to occur the following week. The screening delved into a bit of my experience and some of the tools that I used. Then, after a two-week waiting period, I was invited back for a second round of interviews to be held in early May. This interview featured a full hour of reviewing my technical skills followed immediately by about 45 minutes of standard interview operations.

The most annoying thing about this was the length of time that it took for me to get a yes or no. The final decision was to be communicated two weeks following the second round interview, but it did not arrive until nearly a month later and after weeks of repeatedly reminding the hiring manager, which is unacceptable for a customer service-based department.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your networking experience.   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to resolve a conflict either with customers or with fellow employees? What did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was in a casual manner. Since I've sent all relevant files to the professor, such as CV and previous works, the professor just asked me some details about the projects on the CV. And we also talked about a little bit about my background.

Service Desk Coordinator, Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was professional, but also casual. The interviewers asked questions about my Information Technology background, what I would do in several troubleshooting situations, HR questions, and general background questions.

Grants Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Two Interviews. One with two Grants Managers and then my final with the Director of Finance. It was very straightforward and moved quickly. I got the position through Penn's preferred temp agency, Unique Advantage. It was temp-to-perm.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions (greatest strength/weakness, describe a workplace dispute). Nothing inventive.   Answer Question

Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

First interview with future boss and his boss
    Second interview with future colleagues
    Final interview with HR manager
    Atmosphere was cordial and engaging
    Once convinced about my credential, interviewers were rather friendly
    Depth of questions was average, since I was very familiar with the software they used and its maintenance

Interview Questions

• Describe my experience with software projects   1 Answer
    • My work history   1 Answer
    • Describe my experience in managing direct reports   1 Answer