University of Pennsylvania Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA | Glassdoor

2.6

146 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Most of the interview questions were general and nothing was too difficult to answer. Receiving an offer required multiple interviews and took a bit over two months from the first interview to receiving an offer. The entire process from applying to starting the job took about four months. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe ability to quickly learn new information/processes/technologies   Answer Question

IT Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position in early March. After waiting more than a month, I received an automated email informing me that an interview was to be scheduled, and was contacted for a phone screening to occur the following week. The screening delved into a bit of my experience and some of the tools that I used. Then, after a two-week waiting period, I was invited back for a second round of interviews to be held in early May. This interview featured a full hour of reviewing my technical skills followed immediately by about 45 minutes of standard interview operations.

The most annoying thing about this was the length of time that it took for me to get a yes or no. The final decision was to be communicated two weeks following the second round interview, but it did not arrive until nearly a month later and after weeks of repeatedly reminding the hiring manager, which is unacceptable for a customer service-based department.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your networking experience.   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to resolve a conflict either with customers or with fellow employees? What did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Phila, PA).

Interview

Technical interview about my previous experience and publications. My career goals? There were multiple sessions wherein presented my work and then panel would ask questions based on presentation. They sent me multiple papers and asked for my comments.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. Just one salary offer take it or leave it.

Grants Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Two Interviews. One with two Grants Managers and then my final with the Director of Finance. It was very straightforward and moved quickly. I got the position through Penn's preferred temp agency, Unique Advantage. It was temp-to-perm.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions (greatest strength/weakness, describe a workplace dispute). Nothing inventive.   Answer Question

Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

First interview with future boss and his boss
    Second interview with future colleagues
    Final interview with HR manager
    Atmosphere was cordial and engaging
    Once convinced about my credential, interviewers were rather friendly
    Depth of questions was average, since I was very familiar with the software they used and its maintenance

Interview Questions

• Describe my experience with software projects   1 Answer
    • My work history   1 Answer
    • Describe my experience in managing direct reports   1 Answer

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone screen followed by an in-person interview with a five-person committee. Everyone was very nice, although it can be intimidating to be interviewed by a large panel. The in-person interview took about an hour.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my previous experience in higher education.   Answer Question

Research Specialist A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Phila, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Talk about research, expectations, what my background is, go through the motions, have a tour. Overall it was okay but drawn out. Salary was also mentioned during interview. For this position, an entry level position, it shouldnt be too difficult to secure a good interview.

Interview Questions

• What experience you have with PCR   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very simple; this was for a student position. I responded to an online posting on the school website and was called in to interview with the lead researcher. It was a relaxed and casual atmosphere. Many questions were of the "let's get to know you" type, and fairly easy to answer. Just have a good understanding of your resume and what you've done so far.

Interview Questions

• How do your studies and skills relate to [research topic]?   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

Submitted Google form and then a 20 min interview. The acceptance rate was about 250 applications, from which about 40 are interviewed. Head TAs lead the interview process. Interview itself is with 2 head TAs- a brain teaser question, explaining of a concept, and then fake office hours.

PSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very easy and laid back not your average interview. I came into the interview more tense than what needed. Interviewer was pretty straight to the point. I would definitely recommend others to apply