University of Pennsylvania Postdoctoral Fellow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Pennsylvania Postdoctoral Fellow Interview Questions

2.6

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (New York, NY).

Interview

It was short and 30 min interview. Basically I was asked about my previous interests. How did I ended up coming for a phd and why did I changed my track from computer engineering to computational biology. Also the recruiter asked about my current work.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for University of Pennsylvania

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania.

Interview

Standard interview process. First submitted an application. Got an email asking for references. Then a phone interview . Then a visit to give a seminar and tour the facilities. Met and socialize (breakfast, lunch, dinner) with lab people. Fast and very well organized.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

Approximately 8 hours long. Met with about 7 different people, including my PI. Gave a 1 hour lecture on my PhD research, and went to lunch with some of the lab. It's a long day, but worth it.

Interview Questions

• How will you leverage your knowledge gained throughout the PhD to benefit the lab?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Interview

Considering the recent funding status. You have to be really well prepared for the interview process. Basically, you have to be vary familiar with your research and the interest of the lab and try to find the research area that is suitable both for you and the lab. You should also know everything in your field.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2012.

Interview

Typical Postdoc interview. Was asked by the PI to come the following week. Spent about 5 hours speaking with graduate students, MD/PhD students and the PI about their research and what the lab was like. Spoke indiviually with the PI for quite a while about available projects. Presented my thesis work in a 1 hour seminar.

Interview Questions

• The students are very bright and asked very detailed and difficult questions about my thesis work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Postdoc---there is no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2010.

Interview

Chat with supervisor by phone, then in person interview a few weeks later. The interview was pretty standard but casual - my supervisor was wearing a t-shirt and jeans! Pretty low pressure. I was prepared, having researched my supervisor's work beforehand and asking the appropriate, informed questions, which every academic candidate should be sure to do.

Didn't get a chance to see the office or culture.

Interview Questions

• What do you plan to do with your clinical degree/license?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations needed - my supervisor worked hard to get me a higher than average salary because I had unusually extensive work experience for a postdoctoral fellow.