University of Pennsylvania Postdoctoral Researcher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Pennsylvania Postdoctoral Researcher Interview Questions

3.2

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

Presentation was required and multiple questions regarding your research were asked during the interview. The PI and the post-doc were the interviewers. You have to be prepared to be interrupted during your presentation. In the end of the interview, you will be notified how likely you will actually get the position.

Interview Questions

• Please explain mechanism of each step for my synthesis sequence.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for University of Pennsylvania

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by reference checks, and all day on-site interview with a group presentation. I met with three collaborators, not including the PI I am working with. Then I met all the members of the groups and also collaborators.

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Interview

give a presentation of about 45 min and talk to PI and group members, usually takes an entire day.

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Phila, PA) in March 2011.

Interview

It was very straightforward. Wrote my PI about interest in his group. I heard back in 10 mins that he is interested and immediately setup date for interview. Gave a talk and got job offer in three weeks

Negotiation

There was no negotitation

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2010.

Interview

Interview was well organized and I got to see firsthand what a day would be like within the organization

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania in July 2015.

Interview

I first had a Skype interview during which I had to present my PhD thesis. They asked few questions about the presentation, and then some more general questions, about the career I would like to pursue in future and about my hobbies. I subsequently was asked to write a project proposal, but the PI was not interested about it and asked me to write a new one about a topic he gave me. After I accepted the job offer, I had to undergo an assessment of my level of English with the University, as I was a foreigner and I didn't have any certificate to provide.

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Interview

Phone interview. Discuss research experience, career plans, research interests.
    On site: Give research talk to group, meet with other members.

Negotiation

None.