University of Pennsylvania Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.1

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Very standard, one round. Got an email to come in, had a short 15-20 minute interview in which some basic questions were asked. Manager let me know that she had some more interviews that week and that if I were to receive an offer it would be that next week.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation in which you had to pay extreme attention to detail in your last job.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for University of Pennsylvania

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was in a casual manner. Since I've sent all relevant files to the professor, such as CV and previous works, the professor just asked me some details about the projects on the CV. And we also talked about a little bit about my background.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very simple; this was for a student position. I responded to an online posting on the school website and was called in to interview with the lead researcher. It was a relaxed and casual atmosphere. Many questions were of the "let's get to know you" type, and fairly easy to answer. Just have a good understanding of your resume and what you've done so far.

Interview Questions

• How do your studies and skills relate to [research topic]?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted the same day to schedule an in-person interview. Interviewers were very clear about position and willing to work around current work schedule. Very pleasant experience. Was offered water and fully informed of how the interview was going to go before it started. The whole process took about one hour.

Interview Questions

• What past research experience will help with this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Phila, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview started with a tour of the lab facilities. After which I sat down with the person I was to be replacing to see exactly what the job entailed. From here I met the remaining members of the lab and then went to meet the PI. After meeting with the PI I was free to go and was followed up with in the next week.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

It was very casual and he just explained what he and his lab was doing and asked about my interests and goals. He asked me a few questions about the specific work he was doing.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, asked basic experience questions. It was an overall good experience. After the phone interview, I was required to come to the office in person where I answered some behavioral/experience questions in the presence of multiple people

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

Very straightforward. I met in person with my potential supervisor. We briefly discussed my resume, skillset, and expectations. He told me more about the foci of his research and how I could contribute to his work. I was offered the position at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself (e.g., your skills and education).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was interviewing for a summer research assistant job in a small lab in the Department of Surgery. It was a very relaxed interview since it was just a part time research assistant position. The PI asked me about myself and told me about her research. She then asked me what I could contribute to this lab, how many hours I could work, and if I would potentially want to continue the job into the school year. I then met with the lab manager and the current research assistant so they could tell me more about the lab and what to expect.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What will you contribute to this position? How long would you stay in this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

All that you have to do is email a professor or go to one of the CURF meetings. Then, the interview was very relaxed. You don't need to dress up when applying for these things -- just head over from class. That said, you might want to wear something other than a t-shirt just for the sake of making a good impression. Be prepared to speak about not just past academic projects, but also things in the private sector.