University of Phoenix Academic Counselor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Phoenix Academic Counselor Interview Questions

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Pretty simple. I had an initial phone screen with the recruiter and then an in-person interview. I wasn't expecting it, but I walked in and there were a lot of other people interviewing in a large room at the same time. They called me to a table to interview with two managers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for University of Phoenix

Academic Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

I had several rounds in terms of meeting with people. Everyone was friendly and very helpful. I enjoyed meeting people at different levels of the company. I interviewed for one position and ended up getting another that was better suited for my background. I was trained on the job so their was no formal training. It was really fast paced and you had to think quickly on your feet.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict? What do you like most about your previous job? Why did you leave?   Answer Question

Academic Counselor Interview

Interview

Panel interview, lots of people in a big room, several tables set up with different panels. behavioral based questions, pretty standard. seemed like everyone was in a hurry. granted, this was back in the day when UoP was really expanding.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

I filled out the application online in sept 2014 and passed the assessment. It took a while for me to be contacted (3wks) for the interview phase. Once I was contact I had 1 phone interview, then I was moved on to the face to face interview. I passed the face to face interview and I was notified with an acceptance letter 2 days after the face to face and also to start the background check. My background check only took 3 days to be clear. Then I was given my start date. Overall the whole process took 4 and a half weeks from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were behavioral based questions. The interview should be like telling a story, what did you do, how did you handle it, what was the result, and the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation but they pay very well.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

There were two parts. First I interviewed with a panel of all directors, which lasted about 40 minutes. Then I had an interview with the hiring manager and another director which lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• I anticipated all the questions that were asked. If you do your homework, the interviews should not be difficult at all.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy, the hiring manager was nice.

Academic Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

They often hire if you have a connection. They call you and and you come in for one interview and then you go through a process of screening that takes a long time ( approximately three weeks to a month) then they call you and offer you the job.

Interview Questions

• I am a gym member who is thinking of leaving, convince me to stay.   1 Answer

Negotiation

non, you take what they offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Dallas, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I completed the application online with Apollo Group and withing two day I received an invitation to take an online assessment. If you pass the assessment you will move on to a phone interview with a recruiter. I didn't get a phone interview until a month after takin the assessments. I was asked 4 questions and I did all the talking. The recruiter spent most of the time writing my answers down. The next step was a face to face interview. The face to face was very disappointing. I arrived 15 minutes early but my interviewers were 10 minutes late. This was the first red flag. The entire interview lasted 20 minutes and it was so cold and awkward. They never talked backed an the line of questioning did flow at all. None of the questions pertained to counseling or education at all. This was the second red flag. I was also informed that the position would possibly be phone/email only advising. That was the third red flag for me. at this point I was disgusted with the interview and was ready to leave. Two days later I received my rejection email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lathrop, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Lathrop, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Applied online, did phone interview then took online behavioral test and questionnaire and went in for final interview. Met with supervisor and director of learning center

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

The interview process with UOP is a mess. The first interview is done with several dozen interviewees coming in at once and interviewing with Academic Managers from different divisions in a big function room. You interview for about 10 minutes and answer questions about your customer service and phone skills. If you make it to the next step, HR emails you some scenarios you may encounter as a counselor and you are to answer them as if you are responding to a student. If you pass that test and the background check, then you are hired.

Interview Questions

• They ask how you overcome difficult customer/situations and want specific examples of customer service success stories and failures. It's kind of hard to remember those on the spot so be prepared.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2012.

Interview

The process was behavioral and there were two individuals on the panel. there were a lot of behavioral questions asked about how you would handle students in certain situations. But overall the interview was not bad and you had to be able to think on your feet and outside the box..

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a certain situation happened what did you do to resolve it and what happened overall after you resolved the problem.   Answer Question