University of Phoenix Adjunct Faculty Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Phoenix Adjunct Faculty Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (New York, NY).

Interview

There is an initial phone interview with an HR person. Pleasant.
It is followed by a questionnaire that is emailed to you.
Final interview is in person, on campus, where you present a short lecture from your field of expertise.
If you pass all these, you have to undergo an online training (about 4 weeks long) that has quite a few assignments and tests. The purpose is to learn the university's policy and procedures, and to get used to their website, learn how to find different information, etc.

Interview Questions

• How do you update your professional knowledge and expertise?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for University of Phoenix

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

It was long but was a good process. It was not too difficult and the training sucks because you don't get paid for it. The interview was a behavior based interview process. I has a phone interview, then a question / answer interview, and a trial.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and Weakness, why did you want to be an adjunct faculty member,   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

Initial phone screen by a regional recruiter. Panel interview questions over a 15-minute period, approximately five to six questions. Every candidate must conduct a 10-minute PowerPoint sample class presentation; many candidates get blown out at this stage as they get lengthy and unfocused trying to impress the interview panel. Candidates are then placed together for a group case exercise to see how they interact (e.g. do you get over-competitive or passive). You are notified no later than 10 days later of your acceptance or decline. Accepted candidate must then enroll in a six-week in-person and online training course which emulates a typical course design at UOP, it is effective!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to teach? Why do you want to teach specifically at the University of Phoenix?   Answer Question

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

Interview covered basic questions but the most important aspect to remember is to connect your current experience to the class that you have applied to teach. There is only one interview that you will have but a writing assessment will be given, which will determine if you will be moved along in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• The dreaded question--identify a weakness about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary for this job is pretty firm.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Denver, CO) in November 2014.

Interview

The University of Phoenix has a very thorough multi-step interview process. A presentation is required, and interviews from several people. Everybody was nice and the process was actually quite enjoyable, though a bit intimidating.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Interview

You have to meet minimum education requirements, there has to be a need for your area, then go through a 20 hour ( I think that is what it was) unpaid training session.

Interview Questions

• The training session it was over several weeks one night a week. But well worth having that level of introduction to their teaching method and the school.   Answer Question

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

I submitted application along with resume. Interviewed and was asked to prepare a sample 15-minute lecture. After being accepted at this stage, I was invited to participate in a 5-week onground course that not only taught UOP procedures and philosophies but provided the University of Phoenix experience from the student's point of view.

Interview Questions

• The interview was pretty straight-forward. No trick questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They simply informed me what they paid based on my experience and academic credentials.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (San Antonio, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by dean. Asked questios about experiences and specializations. Shared personal teaching experiences. Asked about teaching philosophy and how I could contribute. The interview was not threatening. Dean was very approachable. Spoke about type of classes and students and my view about working with these type of classes or students. The overall experience was great. The dean was very specific about what I would do. She also made me feel like I would teach at least one class every 8 weeks. Disappointed that that did'nt happen.

Interview Questions

• How long have you taught at a university level?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negociation was really not there. They have a fixed salary and so nothing can be negociated.Teaching classes was totally based on number of students, however, it seems certain part time workers close to dean or clerical scheduler had their favorites

Anonymous Employee in Gardena, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Gardena, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Initially I was phoned by someone who saw my resume on Cal Jobs. ThenI was invited to a Group interview with an opportunity to demonstrate a specific skill. About a week following the interview I received a call and a letter inviting me to participate in a mandatory 5 week mentorship where I attended a weekly class and completed assignments that oriented me to the UOP expectations for course delivery and student evaluation.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult learning style for you to address in the classroom   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a student who is not paying attention?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Relatively simple.They explained the levels available for candidates years of experience and their degree. There was not much flexibility for being provided a higher amount based on other factors, such as community involvement.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Omaha, NE) in January 2012.

Interview

Initial communications with the company: I contacted this company because there was a posting for adjunct faculty in my field.
    Organization and planning of the interview: the first interview was written. The directions were very clear. I submitted a successful written interview, so I was granted a phone interview. The phone interview was done very well, very consise. However, I was granted access to the website to set up an account and that was a bit confusing.

Bonus points for your perceptions of the people, office, and work culture: I never met the people face to face. The first person I worked with was great. He responded to emails in a timely manner and was very cordial. The second person I worked with was not good with communication. She was not timely in answering emails and the communication was rather disjointed.

Interview Questions

• Describe various social and political views on diversity in undeveloped countries.   Answer Question

The timing of the teaching and "training to be an adjunct" was going to interfere with my research schedule.