University of Phoenix Adjunct Online Instructor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Phoenix Adjunct Online Instructor Interview Questions

2.5

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Remote, OR).

Interview

Very professional! I was contacted via telephone and email. All interview questions and answers were done virtually or via telephone. Talent Acquisition was professional. The training for the job was very supportive and completely online.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to teach college students.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for University of Phoenix

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Was done over the phone. Never met anyone in person. It was not very hard. I interviewed with several people from human resources and that worked for UOP. The interview process did not take very long.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Adjunct Online Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

Submitted app online, got an email from a recruiter a week or two later. About 3-4 weeks later did a phone interview, took about 20-30 minutes. The phone interview were basic questions, why do you want to work here, tell us about your experience, etc. After the phone interview you are selected to attend faculty training, which is 4 weeks long and a giant pain in the butt, you will be in "class" with 10-15 other instructors, and will lose 1/4 of them to the process. At the end (I forgot to mention none of this is paid...), if you pass, you then are assigned a mentor and an online class, and you meet with the mentor for 2 weeks prior (all online, and again.. all free...). Once you start your first class you get paid, once at the end of the 1st week (which in reality doesn't hit your bank until the 3rd week), and your final check comes about 3 weeks after class ends. If you pass the mentorship, then congrats, you are now authorized to teach... err facilitate... great job...

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know about current trends in my field, wasn't expecting that question   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is none, you start around, I think it $1051.00/class and every year get a measly raise (after my first year it went up about $30/class...silly raise really)...

Adjunct Online Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Phoenix in October 2012.

Interview

After applying on their website, I was called by one of their recruiters for a pre-screening interview. After the pre-screening I was told that the next step was an interview with a department head. I was later told that they didn't hire online instructors from Texas because of tax laws, which didn't make sense to me.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, just questions regarding my teaching style and philosophy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2011.

Interview

There was an online application followed by a very brief phone screening from a recruiter. After the phone screening, I had an interview with an Enrollment Manager. I then had another phone interview with Campus Director because I lived out of town. The Campus Director then routed me back to the Campus Director of Enrollment for a final phone interview that felt like more of a formality.

Interview Questions

• What was your experience level?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

The interview and hiring process was pretty straight forward. I had a general phone interview and I discussed why I wanted to teach. I submitted my resume and my teaching philosophy. I was contact a week later and asked to attend a 4 week course which would determine if I would be able to teach a trial class. I did well with the class and was able to teach the class afterward. I was shadowed by another teacher. After my class was completed, I was contacted about two weeks later or so and I was told I was able to teach at University of Phoenix. This was back in 2010.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you bring to the classroom? How will you be fair to all of your students? How do you deal with the different ages of your students?   1 Answer