University of Phoenix Enrollment Counselor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Phoenix Enrollment Counselor Interview Questions

2.8

56 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Houston, TX).

Interview

phone interview with a company recruiter, followed by an in-person interview with admissions director, received a call about an hour later stating they wanted to make an offer and complete a background check

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for University of Phoenix

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Phoenix in March 2011.

Interview

I was sitting at a table across from 5-7 managers and asked a bunch of canned questions. It lasted about 15 minutes. The environment was a little difficult due to the fact that there were about a dozen interviews going on at once. One of the managers asked me the same question as another manager, which meant he wasn't paying attention. I saw another interviewer pull the chair out from under one of his colleagues as he was trying to sit down. Very unprofessional, but funny.

Interview Questions

• Do you love to win, hate to lose, or do your best?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Atlanta, GA) in June 2011.

Interview

I was places in a room and given a personality test. Then, I was asked to sell a pencil to the hiring manager. The process was longer due to the background check that was completed. The presentation was to ensure that you can quickly comprehend and analyze.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was done via phone.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

There was an online application followed by a very brief phone screening from a recruiter. After the phone screening, I had an interview with an Enrollment Manager. I then had another phone interview with Campus Director because I lived out of town. The Campus Director then routed me back to the Campus Director of Enrollment for a final phone interview that felt like more of a formality.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to overcome a objection by a customer. How did you handle it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

After I gave the new my application they set up a phone interview. I really liked the interviewer, she was nice, and we had a good chat. She said they will contact me for an in person interview. Still waiting to have an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had a client who was not happy, what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Savannah, GA) in January 2011.

Interview

I went through a placement agency initially. I was called in for a group interview, which was like a herd of cattle. There were more than 25 people in the room interviewing at once. We all went through a series of qualifying questions as far as our personal degree background or number of college credits or prior college/university work experience. This slowly weeded people out over time and finally we had phone interviews with other Enrollment Counselors calling us on the phone pretending to be a student asking questions about school, this process eliminated more people. Finally we had to "sell ourselves" to them on why they should hire us. It was all pretty immature, unprofessional, and borderline ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to qualify a student to come in for the admissions process.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Nashville, TN) in July 2011.

Interview

My resume was given to a manager directly. She called, I interviewed with her and then the campus director. I was asked to call manager phone that night and leave a message as if I were speaking to a student who didn't show up for an appointment. The next day I received an offer. There was an immediate background check which I passed. One week later I was on an airplane en route to training.

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

I only had one interview and it lasted maybe about 10 minutes. I know this isn't typical for most of their interviews, but for some reason the manager really liked me off the bat and knew he wanted to hire me in that short time. Come to find out, he wasn't a great manager at all. So it'd probably be better to have a manager who asked more engaged questions.

Interview Questions

• Like I said, it was very simple and quick, but had questions like "what are your greatest strengths", etc... just some very basic, generic questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating for pay back then. At that time, they had a set salary and then you made commission % at a 6 month review for how your enrollment numbers were.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Tempe, AZ) in November 2013.

Interview

No unexpected questions

Interview Questions

• What do you think of the political climate   2 Answers

Hours

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Dallas, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

The Hiring process was quick, it started out with an assessment a phone interview and then a face to face interview. The whole process was about 4 weeks.