University of Phoenix Enrollment Counselor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Phoenix Enrollment Counselor Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2011.

Interview

The recruitment process was highly unorganized and ultimately caused me to pass when offered the position.

Approximately 20 days after putting in an online application, I received a phone call from UoP's recruiter. The recruiter seemed a bit rude and clearly in a hurry but we scheduled a phone interview for the following week. He called about 30min late, again very much in a hurry (presumably because he was running late).

The phone interview was very standard.
These were questions like:
“Why do you want to leave your current job?”
“Why are you interested in UoP?”
“Give an example of a time you had quotas to meet?”
“Give me an example of a time you failed to reach your expected numbers?”

The questions were clearly preset, and read off of a script. I could also hear a click after my answers were completed but before he began to ask the next question. I presume this is because I was being recorded for posterity. At the end of the phone interview the recruiter was satisfied with my answers and scheduled an in person interview with the enrolment directors.

I arrived a standard 10min early for my 12:00 interview. 45mins later in a poorly air conditioned lobby, the recruiter came out take me and a couple of other candidates into the back where we made small talk for another 30mins before I was brought individually into the actual interviewing area. I waited outside the room for another 30 minutes before being brought inside and interviewed. In total I started my 12:00 interview at around 2:00pm.

The directors that conducted the interview were very pleasant, and professional. They asked very specific question and clearly wanted very specific examples given.

Some of the questions they ask were:
“Give and example of a time you had to talk someone into doing something they were not sure about doing.”
“Give an example of a project you lead”
Give an example of a time you were recognized for doing a good job”
In short each question. Started with “Give an example of”

About 2 days later I received an email requesting a background check.
5 days later I received a call from the Recruiter offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time when you had goal numbers to meet?   1 Answer

I applied for 2 positions at once and was offered the other position first. However due to the VERY unprofessional way I felt I was treated I probably would have turned down the position anyway.

Other Interview Reviews for University of Phoenix

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Phoenix in March 2011.

Interview

I was sitting at a table across from 5-7 managers and asked a bunch of canned questions. It lasted about 15 minutes. The environment was a little difficult due to the fact that there were about a dozen interviews going on at once. One of the managers asked me the same question as another manager, which meant he wasn't paying attention. I saw another interviewer pull the chair out from under one of his colleagues as he was trying to sit down. Very unprofessional, but funny.

Interview Questions

• Do you love to win, hate to lose, or do your best?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Tempe, AZ) in January 2011.

Interview

I had a recruiter contact me for a telephone interview and she was very energetic, informative and asked many situational questions. When I was through with that she scheduled me for a group/panel interview 3 days later. When I arrived I was sent into a conference type room to wait. Then I was escorted through the floor and into a tiny office with three people. I met with them for apx. 20 minutes where they asked me about 10-15 situational type questions. Two of the interviewers seemed to like my answers and the 3rd kept interrupting my answers asking for clarification which would get me off track mid answer. This interviewer then escorted me out making some odd comment under her breath. Within 24 hours I got an impersonal form email saying that I had not been chosen.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled a clog in the pipe line, when dealing with customer service related problems?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Savannah, GA) in January 2011.

Interview

I went through a placement agency initially. I was called in for a group interview, which was like a herd of cattle. There were more than 25 people in the room interviewing at once. We all went through a series of qualifying questions as far as our personal degree background or number of college credits or prior college/university work experience. This slowly weeded people out over time and finally we had phone interviews with other Enrollment Counselors calling us on the phone pretending to be a student asking questions about school, this process eliminated more people. Finally we had to "sell ourselves" to them on why they should hire us. It was all pretty immature, unprofessional, and borderline ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to qualify a student to come in for the admissions process.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Burlington, MA) in October 2010.

Interview

I had a phone interview then a group interview followed by a 1:1 interview. I was hired a day later and started 2 days after that.

Negotiation

Everything is pretty set in stone but if this is your thing the pay is good

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Florida, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (South Florida, FL) in July 2010.

Interview

I applied 4 separate times for the position. Finally got a call. Telelphone interview 5 min. Passed that and was told I will be contacted for the next level of the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA

Application

The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA) in June 2010.

Interview

Contacted 2.5wks after I submitted my resume. Group interview waited 3 days to be called for a second. Time between group interview and 2nd interview was 2.5wks. Had 2nd interview and 2wks later they called to tell me I did not make it round 3 of interviews. I feel that they play games during the interview process. I was early for second interview and they were late. The questions I asked felt more like I was interviewing for a used car sales person not an enrollment counselor. I feel the two men interviewing me were not professional between the eye rolls and sighs.

Interview Questions

• How are you prepared to sell the University of Phoenix?   Answer Question
    • What are some of the reasons a prospective student would not attend the University of Phoenix?   Answer Question

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix in June 2010.

Interview

Hiring process was simple, if you know someone who refers you to the company. An initial phone call took place to schedule an in depth phone interview, then, an email invitation to a group/panel interview and then a phone call for the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why should an adult want to return to school to receive their degree?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was not optional.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Raleigh, NC) in May 2010.

Interview

I recieved a call from recruiter, answered general questions about why I would like to work for position. Offered the opportunity to do a group interview, learned about the company, specifics about the position an had to give a three minute presentation about myself and why I would be the best candidate in front of other interviewers. One day later was invited to a panel interview, more interview questions, afterwards the manager stated that they would call back in one week with contingent offer based on passing background check which will take ten days to come back. I am excited about working for Phoenix!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Learn about the company, dress professionally, and practice your presentation to make sure that you do not go over your time limit,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Merrillville, IN) in May 2010.

Interview

I found the position opening on the Apollo Group's website (www.apollogrp.edu), and I applied by submitting a resume and cover letter. A month or two later, I received a phone call and went through with a thirty-minute initial phone screening/interview (though the person on the other end claimed that the call would only take ten minutes of my time). The phone interview was awkward, especially since I was speaking with someone from the corporate headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona, and also since the questions were predetermined and obviously not in reaction to my experience or qualifications.

I was ultimately selected for an in-person interview at the Merrillville, Indiana, campus a week later after scheduling the interview with a woman from Minnesota. I met with the hiring manager and a senior enrollment counselor at the Merrillville, Indiana, campus a week later. Both were surprisingly stern and emotionless, which made it difficult to gauge their reactions to my answers. I answered with enthusiasm and clarity, though I am unsure whether this approach was appreciated. The questions were very standard and predetermined. Two weeks after this interview, I received an e-mail from the woman in Minnesota in which they wrote, "Though you have many professional qualities, we have selected the most qualified person for this position."

Ouch.

Interview Questions

• Please rate these four concepts in order of importance: work ethic, winning culture, positive attitude, and (can't remember the last one). Please explain why you list them in this order.   1 Answer