University of Phoenix Enrollment Counselor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Phoenix Enrollment Counselor Interview Questions

2.8

56 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Phoenix in July 2009.

Interview

There were two phone calls, they each consisted of 10 minutes of questions that I thought were very valid and benficial to the job description. They asked me to refrain from asking salary questions until our face to face interview. I am scheduled for that session tomorrow morning. Very positive so far.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for University of Phoenix

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2009.

Interview

I was contacted approx a week after submitting my resume. After that the following day I was scheduled for an interview. Once I go there the interview consisted of filling out the application and background check information as well as a bid for your schedule request. Once you complete the paperwork you are then required to wait until 2 hiring managers come and interview you.. During that interview you are asked to role play and questions about how the position would fit you and your prior work history. After that they tell you to go back to the recruiter and they tell you backgrouind check takes about 7-14 business days and if you are chosen they will contact you. After that I was then contacted that same day advising me that I was selected to comeback for a second interview. I then interviewed in a room with one manager and other applicants. I am then asked more questions about how the job fits my goals and the UofP philosophy. After that I was sent an email explaining that I was selected to continue further in the hiring process contingent on me passing the background check. I was then informed to be available at all times so that someone could contact me to verify the information I provided on my background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I haven't been given an official offer as of yet. I will comment when that occurs.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2009.

Interview

long and detailed

Interview Questions

Negotiation

misleading this is a sales job not counseling

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Phoenix in June 2009.

Interview

After submitting my resume to the hiring manager, I was contacted to attend a group meeting to learn more about the University and the position. At the meeting, we were paired and asked to introduce the person we paired with. After all of the introductins, we were asked to complete our applications and background check authorizations, and that some would be selected to return for a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked to introduce someone you only met with for a few minutes to the entire group, taking up to five minutes.   1 Answer
    • Asked if any of us were students or graduates of University of Phoenix.   Answer Question

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Phoenix in May 2009.

Interview

You and the other candidates are interviewed in a group setting. You are told a bit about the company and what the job entails. Then you are asked to give a presentation in front of the other candidates. You are to present as though you are talking with a potential student.

Interview Questions

• No real questions during the first interview. You have to give a presentation in front of the other candidates and the two people doing the interview.   1 Answer

This is a telemarketing job. It is a great job for someone with no or limited sales experience.

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Phoenix in May 2009.

Interview

1. A recruiter will contact me for a prescreening conversation
    2. I was e-mailed forms that your to to complete before the interview
    3. I was brought in for an interview, unknown to me, this consisted of a panel interview and the panel asking me question and writing down my response
    4. The panel left me in the room and then said they had to set out to talk
    5. The manager stated they would contact me and let me know since they had others to interview for the position
    6. I received a phone call later that same day askig for another interview would then consist of a presentation

Interview Questions

• (Approximate phrasing) How long would you plan on staying with us, if we hire you on?   Answer Question

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Phoenix in May 2009.

Interview

The phone interview described the salary range wich was 35000 to 40000 .
    They also asked a lot of brain teaser questions that were difficult to awnswer in my opion.
    Like what is the least effective way to manage people?
    They also wanted me to give examples of things on my resume.
    I dont feel i did very well because i have not heard anything yet.
    PS the person giving the interview was not friendly and made me feel very uncofortable

Interview Questions

• What is the best way to manage people?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2009.

Interview

I sought out University of Phoenix at a Career Fair. I was directed to a Temp Agency that they use for hiring. I contacted the temp agency and without any review of my resume I was invited to the group interview. I thought this was strange but grateful to make a first impression. I had a 1-2min speech about myself prepared which got me the interview with 2 supervisors at Univerisity of Phoenix. In the mean time, I had to meet with the temp agency multiple times to get registered with them since I would have to work through them for the first 3 months. I felt this aspect of the hiring and training process was unprofessional and demeaning. The interview with the supervisors went well-questions ranged from up front to situational, nothing out of the norm. I never again heard back from the University of Phoenix, but had all correspondence through the temp agency, which again I did not agree with. After the interview, I was chosen for a back ground check which basically meant I would be offered the position. I was offered the position about 2 weeks later over the phone by the temp agency and was told to start in 2 weeks at the main campus.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something you would like to change about your personality   Answer Question
    • How would you handle dealing with a disgruntled employee or unmotivated co-worker?   Answer Question

I felt was over qualified for the job.

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Phoenix in April 2009.

Interview

Group interview - When I arrived to the group meeting there was no facilitator, once she arrived she said to mingle with other potential candidates. This was obviously a behavioral analysis. Later we had to present and speak about another individuals qualifications

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Austin, TX) in January 2009.

Interview

Very thorough... As a job candidate, you should know the background and current status of the company or organization that you are interviewing with. This includes knowing its mission statement, product line or services, size, growth, success, failure, marketing, future products or goals, etc. Familiarization with the organization’s website is also essential.

Interview Questions

• How do you expect that your skills and experience would add value to our organization?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you’re qualified for this job?   1 Answer