University of Phoenix Enrollment Counselor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Phoenix Enrollment Counselor Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Albuquerque, NM) in June 2008.

Interview

I had to prepare a mini workshop (topic of my choice) and train the panel.

Interview Questions

• providing three adjectives that describe my strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

I had been offered another position with a different company a week before UoP made an offer.

Other Interview Reviews for University of Phoenix

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (San Diego, CA) in April 2008.

Interview

After posting my resume online, I was contacted by a corporate recruitor from the Orange County campus who was assisting the San Diego Campus staffing needs. A group interview was scheduled, and I made travel plans from Northern California to attend. The group interview was interactive, highlighted interviewing and presentation skills. A callback was placed a couple of days later, and a one-on-one interview was scheduled with the Director of Admissions. An offer was placed a week later. People & management are friendly, and production was the main emphasis.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with someone you didn't like? If so, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

I only had one interview and it lasted maybe about 10 minutes. I know this isn't typical for most of their interviews, but for some reason the manager really liked me off the bat and knew he wanted to hire me in that short time. Come to find out, he wasn't a great manager at all. So it'd probably be better to have a manager who asked more engaged questions.

Interview Questions

• Like I said, it was very simple and quick, but had questions like "what are your greatest strengths", etc... just some very basic, generic questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating for pay back then. At that time, they had a set salary and then you made commission % at a 6 month review for how your enrollment numbers were.

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

The interviewer spent most of the time talking about themselves and their accomplishments, both prior to and during their time at the company. This made for a very interesting interview. Then the person choose to talk about the fact that he knew people from my prior company and then described his interactions with them. It was a very strange interview.

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Phoenix in June 2010.

Interview

I ama student with UOP and had asked my academic advisor to put me in as a referral for the enrollment counselor position when one opened up at my local campus. I got a call about an interview at a campus more than an hours drive away but told the hiring manager that I would rather tajke a position at a campus closest to me. They called me two months later for an interview. I was told that it would be a group assessment and a face to face interview. It is today

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable spending half the day talking to potential students on the phone?   Answer Question
    • Have you had any sales experiecnce?   Answer Question

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Phoenix in June 2010.

Interview

Was called by phone and interviewed. After this, was asked to come in for a group interview- a presentation of why I would be best for the position. 3 Min max time allowed. There were about 15 people at this presentation. After, they said they would be calling back those who would move to second interview. I was called. This was a group interview with managers who asked detailed questions about my work experience and how I would handle specific situations. i am currently waiting to hear back as they are doing the background check which can take up to 3 weeks to complete. If selected the training is out of town for 2 weeks with one week in between at the home office.

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix in May 2010.

Interview

This is a sales position- not a counseling posistion. It is a call center atmosphere. It was not what I expected or what I was looking for.
    Interviewer ask what I knew of University of Phoenix, how I heard of the position and why I would be a good fit for the company.

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Phoenix in April 2010.

Interview

Pleasant phone interview with a woman from Arizona and then several back and forth calls with the regional training director to schedule a face to face. She was pleasant and very accommodating. Looking forward to the next interview and hopefully employment with this company.

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Phoenix in April 2010.

Interview

Originally had a telephone interview/screening. Was then set up for a group interview and told a few other UOP employees would be involved. Taken back to a class type setting and each candidate had to give an intro speech as to why he/she was the best candidate for the job. Before that, we were given an overview of the company and a bit of info about the position. Were given some very high quotas expected to reach each month to recruit folks to the program. Folks in charge, seemed very nice, but not sure how much was for real or not, but they had each been with the company for a good while. Did not feel this was a good match for me b/c of the HIGH quotas expected to be reached and told your evaluation was based on this as well as other measurables that would be reviewed for pay increases, etc. (and if you were to stay on board). They seem to have a fair amt of turnover, which I believe is due to the pressure on the counselors. You are not so much a "counselor" as you are in sales for the company. It was one of the oddest interview set ups I have ever been in. They then said they would do second round interviews on the spot with final candidates. Left the room to make their picks and then called about 3 at a time out of the room, came in and called another three, and so on. When you got to the parking lot, you saw several of the others in their cars leaving and knew they too were dismissed. Whomever they chose had to leave in two weeks for three weeks of mandatory training - two out of town and one in town at the local facility.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you are the best candidate for the job.   1 Answer

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Phoenix in March 2010.

Interview

I was contacted two days after I submitted my resume. The initial phone interview took 15 minutes and was fairly generic. The interviewer seemed very concerned with a candidate's attitude towards management and motivation factors.

From reviews I have on others sites, I am assuming this was of great importance because of the relative lack of experience held by lower level managers. It was clear they were looking for sheep that will put their heads down and do as they are told.

Interview Questions

• What qualities would you like to see in an effective manager?   Answer Question