University of Phoenix Enrollment Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Phoenix Enrollment Manager Interview Questions

2.9

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Enrollment Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

Basic behavioral based interview. Three people sitting on a review board. Each person asked a question and then a follow up question based on how you answered the question. It was all pretty standard. Once the interview was completed they provided feedback on whether you got the position or not within about a week or so, basically just had to wait on the background check of the chosen candidate. Only problem is that almost every manager they promoted was a manager before. Almost no one new got a promotion, they just re-promoted the same garbage that got them into the trouble they are already in.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a stressful situation in the recent past? Tell me about a time you had to diffuse an confrontation. Why would you be a good fit for a leadership position within the University.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for University of Phoenix

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Costa Mesa, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Send in your resume and work as a counselor and enroll student, get promoted

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a manager? How does that make you feel?   Answer Question

Enrollment Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix in July 2013.

Interview

Typically 3 rounds of interviews, if you are from outside the organization. They have 'career progression' staff that help with the initial stages of the hiring process. Do not be alarmed if it takes a while for people to get back to you.

Interview Questions

• All questions are behavioral based.... such as, tell me a time when you.........   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

There is an personality test that you do on a computer first. If you meet the standards for that assessment, you will then be given a phone interview. If you meet those standards, you will then be granted a face-to-face interview with several directors. The questions are behavior based. They don't ask the "what would you if..." questions. The interview process is designed to prove you have the skills and competencies to work effectively within the organization. Either you have them or you don't. If you make it to the face-to-face, you have a pretty good chance.

Interview Questions

• The interview process has changed since I went through it so many years ago. Just be prepared to give examples of what you have already done to address or work through the situations they ask about. Don't be afraid to show that you are not perfect. Don't come with canned answers either.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Springfield, MO).

Interview

You will have had at least a Met Expectations on your performance as an enrollment counselor to be considered for an interview. Nowadays, you have to submit your resume' to corporate office and this may take a very long time as, to my knowledge, they receive hundreds of resumes' of candidates. Nevertheless, UOPX has many campuses that hire and keep a pipeline of candidates for management position/s. The reason being is employee turnover (i.e promotion, termination, lateral movement, demotion etc.,.). For your resume' to stand out, it has to be up-to-date, clear, formatted accordingly, with catchy personal statement, and definitely consisting of truthfully stellar and relevant work experience. If you make it to the initial interview, you have to be at least 15 minutes early, and will be asked with mostly situational questions to uncover your true behavior, outlook, personality, and intelligence. Usually, you will meet with at least 2 interviewers in management positions, and if they end up liking you, then you will highly likely proceed to another interview (with upper management), and perhaps a presentation, unless there is another qualified candidate who seemed to have astounded them more than you did. Depending on the campus and the type of management position (upper, middle, high) will also determine how many phases of interview you will have. They are very subjective also--so make sure you appear in your best interview attire, smile, confidence, and great tone/energy. Managers are expected to be motivating, energetic, and approachable, so ask people around you to rate your ability to motivate others, your friendliness, and your energy, so you can make the necessary adjustment before showing up for the interview. I say all these things because I, along with my peers, did most, if not all, of the interviews at my old UOPX Campus and we had come across so many highly-credentialed candidates that we did not consider for the position because they were either arrogant, boring, deficient of confidence, or simply improperly dressed.

Interview Questions

• The questions really are not technical. Questions are more creative and requires nothing but common sense, critical thinking, and personal approach on how one address an issue to an employee, how one deescalate a situation, how one motivates an employee to be productive in a deadline-sensitive environment, what recommendations you would give someone who is already doing superb, and how you assist someone under-performing to exceed expectations, just to name a few. Every one has a different approach, mentality, and it all depends on how you present yourself in answering these questions. The questions are related to customer service and employee management particularly. It is all about your soft skills, because you got called for an interview assuming you already have the hard credentials in place (degree, experience in an academic institution, hardware and software skills). Just have fun and be yourself!   1 Answer

Negotiation

Every campus has a different budget so depending on the campus will determine the salary range, so it is important that you specifically address this question. Be ready to ask for the high/er/est range and be able to justify why you need to be in that range (i.e relocation, current pay, your excellent performance, etc.,)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2012.

Interview

Four Behavioral interview questions where you must be very specific in your answers to match with a specific competency. Initial phone interview conducted by staff recruiter then followed by interview with hiring manager where additional behavioral interview questions are asked.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Dallas, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

First, you have to go through a phone interview with HR with a series of questions that are situational -based. I believe it is six questions where you have to describe the situation, action taken, and results. It covers time management, conflict resolution, how you help people, how you made a wrong a right, and that's about it. It is not extensive and then you meet with the hiring director or manager or both.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2011.

Interview

I went in to the interview and was offered significantly less money than I was already making. It was explained to me that due to my performance as an enrollment counselor over the 5 years I was there my pay had increased to a point it exceeded the hiring range for management. I left for a comparable position with another university shortly thereafter.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (San Antonio, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

It was a panel interview of all local directors. All questions were behavior based and each person asked about two questions each. The interview was stress free and very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you plan to train/coach a poor performing employee.   Answer Question

Enrollment Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix in November 2008.

Interview

Multiple interview/ had too make a presentation in front of a panel of 10 /

Interview Questions

• conflict resolution/ how would you deal with a team member that creating a hostile environment   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation / review every 6 months pay can go up or down