University of Phoenix Finance Counselor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Phoenix Finance Counselor Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Kansas City, MO) in December 2012.

Interview

I had one telephone interview followed by an in-person interview with the direct manager. The questions were fair and the process was not intimidating. Unlike some interviewers that approach the interview trying to "stump" the candidate, I felt the interviewer was genuinely trying to gauge if we could have a working relationship.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for University of Phoenix

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2010.

Interview

I submitted my application online. A friend of mine who already works for the company referred me and also forwarded my resume to a recruiter. I received a call the next business day and did a phone interview. I was caught off guard as I was on my lunch break from my current job. Surprisingly she asked me to come in for an in-person interview the very next day. I went in and had an interview with 2 hiring managers. Each asked me pretty standard questions pertaining to the position. I was then asked to do a roll-playing exercise where 1 of the managers was a customer at a Fitness Center and I was the trainer. They wanted to cancel their memebership and I was trying to keep them from doing that.

Before and after my interview I encountered a total of about 15 other people interviewing for positions in the waiting area and hall.

Overall I felt the interview went well but I received a very impersonal email an hour later telling me I was not chosen. The company seems very strict on their guidelines and rules and very impersonal.

Finance Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix in February 2010.

Interview

I was hired back in 2006 so things are a lot different now. I originally applied to be an enrollment counselor, but ended up getting a finance counselor position. I had a relative working at UOP who turned in my resume and it took almost three weeks to hear from them. I had to pay to fly out to Arizona since I was out of state and the interview took place in a huge room where there were chairs set up as a circle throughout the room. I was interviewed by five to seven people at the same time, I can't remember because it was so long ago. I felt really good with the interview, they laughed at some of the things I said, so I thought that I had gotten the job. Before I left one of the individuals interviewing me came out into the waiting area and told me that they thought I would be better suited as a finance counselor and that they wanted to set me up with an interview with someone in HR the next day before my flight left. The next morning I interviewed with a really nice lady in HR and I felt bad because I had to bring my suitcase with me because I was leaving to the airport right afterwards and I had been having a taxi take me everywhere. I felt it was unprofessional of me, but I had no choice and the HR lady was super nice about it. I don't recall any questions she asked since it was so long ago, but nothing stands out in my mind as difficult or caught me off guard. After the interview she said she would send me an email with some "test" questions. They were basically questions on how you would respond to an email from a student based on certain situations. A day later she called and offered me the position. Overall it took about 3 to 3 1/2 weeks to get hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because I didn't have any experience.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2009.

Interview

the interview process was ok. phone interview, email interview, one on one interview. you need to know someone that works there to get an interview. everyone i worked with was hired because someone they knew helped them get the job. the process was not that time consuming in general, and was not difficult if you consider how you should highlight your skills. ex its a call center job.

Interview Questions

• how would you deal with an angry student?   1 Answer