University of Phoenix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.8

Military Enrollment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Whole thing took about a week. Thirty minutes for interview with two hiring managers. No real stress just answer the questions as asked. They did nothing to trip you up just straightforward.

Interview Questions

• STAR/Behavioral questions (ex. What is your greatest weakness? Tell me about a time you went above and beyond to help a customer? Tell me about a tine when you screwed up and what did you do to fix it?...) Make sure to hit all four points in your answer, No role play. Ask them 3-5 questions at the end.   Answer Question

Academic Counselor Interview

Interview

I submitted my resume online and got called in for an interview. There were several people there, all being interviewed at different tables for the same position by current managers.

Interview Questions

• Standard STAR questions. How would you handle different work type situations. If a student is angry, a time things didn't go your way, etc...   Answer Question

Advanced Certified Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Orlando, FL).

Interview

After submitting an on-line application a telephone interview follows. If acceptable, then an invitation to a face-to-face session with other applicants to "teach" a 10 minutes lesson to demonstrate facilitation and creative teaching skills. If accepted, the applicant is assigned a mentor to follow the applicant through a six-week training course. The in-person course provides the teaching methods and how to use them in the classroom and on-line. On-line is the communication hub between facilitator and students. The on-line classroom enables posting course policies, syllabus, grades, and announcements to ensure student success. The final phase is to teach an actual course under the direction of the facilitator's mentor.

Interview Questions

• What is your teaching background?   1 Answer

Production Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Tempe, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

After a skills test and an initial phone interview, I met in person with the department dean and a potential colleague. They asked both HR-stipulated "stock" questions as well as their own more job-specific questions. It lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you can bring to the job given your specific experience and abilities?   Answer Question

User Experience Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Tempe, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in person interview with other team members. Everyone was nice and friendly. They gave me a tour of the building and area where the other team members work. Communication throughout the different interview dates was excellent.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation where everyone disagreed and describe how you would handle it.   1 Answer

Environmental Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview w/ the heads of education in the San Diego Campus. It required a in-interview lesson demo. What I didn't like was that, while they were cordial, there was zero feedback after.

Interview Questions

• Can you be a facilitator, not just a source of info.   1 Answer

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

Very comprehensive interview and assessment. This was a full-day interview process.

First there was a phone screening. Then in person group interview.

You had to prepare a 20 minute presentation for review of you facilitator skills.

After presentations there were 1:1 panel interviews.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

I got a call from the Recruiter and did an initial phone screening. I heard NOTHING for about a month. Out of the blue, I got a call to schedule a face to face interview right away. I interviewed with the team leader. She was really sick, and seemed very distracted. I thought it was a no-go. A week or two later, I got another call to set up a follow up interview with another team member, who asked the same questions as the team leader. Several weeks later, I was notified that they liked me, will do a back ground interview and then, if I pass, they will make me an offer. This took another 2 weeks. They made me a generous offer and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Typical position, situational, and personality questions.   Answer Question

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (New York, NY).

Interview

There is an initial phone interview with an HR person. Pleasant.
    It is followed by a questionnaire that is emailed to you.
    Final interview is in person, on campus, where you present a short lecture from your field of expertise.
    If you pass all these, you have to undergo an online training (about 4 weeks long) that has quite a few assignments and tests. The purpose is to learn the university's policy and procedures, and to get used to their website, learn how to find different information, etc.

Interview Questions

• How do you update your professional knowledge and expertise?   1 Answer

Ethics Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

One telephone interview was all it took. It was the easiest interview process of my life. A friendly interviewer asked me to describe my interest in a qualifications for the job.