University of Phoenix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Phoenix Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Phoenix

2.8

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Phoenix in July 2020.

Interview

very easy and pleasant. Recruiter explains well the process. Recommend for everyone that would be interested in apply for them . Salary also is really good. Company is solid and helps to understand their content

HR Business Partner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix in November 2019.

Interview

Received a call from the recruiter and it went well. They set up a call with the hiring manager for the next day. Hiring manager said I was a great fit for the position. Sent thank you note that day, did not hear back from them within 10 days so sent a follow up thank you that I was still interested in the position. Did not hear back. Left recruiter a message, no return call.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my background and why I was interested in University of Phoenix.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2019.

Interview

The initial phone interview was great. The HR recruiter said that I was very qualified for the position and that she was setting me up with interviews with the executives that I would be supporting. I also want to mention that I am a University of Phoenix alumni. I was told that they were only going to do five in person interviews and would be selecting from those five. Following the interview with the executives I never heard anything back with a letter or phone call saying that they were not going to select me for the position. I'm not bitter about not getting the job. I'm very disgusted that they did not have the decency to at least send me a letter letting me know that I was not selected. This is not a proper way to treat your alumni. I have loans over $80,000 that were for my education with University of Phoenix and I deserve more respect than I received.

Interview Questions

• They asked how my experience as an executive assistant would benefit the three people that I would be supporting.   Answer Question

Online Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodridge, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Woodridge, IL).

Interview

First, I had to fill out a form explaining why I would want to work for the University of Phoenix. Next, I had a phone interview. After that, I had to take four weeks of online training to see if I could handle the online instructor position.

Interview Questions

• What is your training methodology?

How do you engage your students?   Answer Question

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Phoenix in March 2019.

Interview

Brief phone call which took about 20-25 minutes just going over the basics of the position and asking a couple interview questions. Met in person about a week later with 2 hiring managers, mostly asked typical behavioral interview questions and got back to me shortly after. Very smooth process.

Academic Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

I've had one phone interview, an online assessment and have scheduled one in person interview so far. The online assessment was emailed and I was called for an in person two days later. I spoke to someone different every time.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you took a risk in the workplace and how did it turn out.   1 Answer

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2019.

Interview

I was Initially given a phone interview by a recruiter which whom was very abrupt and demanding of how I should interview. He asked me the general phone interview questions about my background but never asked me if I had any questions and when I mentioned that I too wanted to ask a few things he was a little standoffish regarding the information I was seeking. He also spoke really fast and was hard to hear and understand a lot of the time.
    Surprisingly, I was however offered a in person interview with 3 of the managers which went well and made me actually excited for the opportunity. I was offered the position of the academic advisor the very next day. However, upon my background check which I did get a copy of they informed me that my Bachelor degree wasn’t “regionally” accredited and only “nationally” accredited and therefore will be rescinding my offer. I was shocked. Who knew that mattered? They did however offer me a financial aid position at 10k less a year than what they initially offered me. I was actually very disappointed that they base their successes and employees on the accreditation of their hard-earned degrees vs the fact they have an education to begin with and successfully interviewed and was offered the initial position based on their character. I declined the offer.

* I did enjoy interviewing with the managers but other than that this process was very disappointing. *

* No where in their job posting does it mention your Bachelors degree needs to be a certain accreditation*

Interview Questions

• They have you do a role play of talking to a single parent who no longer wanted to attend.   1 Answer

Academic Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

The interview process was strange. The recruiter emailed me a list of questions she stated they would be asking me, which were "STAR" questions. The interviewers did not ask me ONE question from that list or anything similar to it. They asked me what "major changes and innovative ideas" I brought to my current company that "changed the structure" of things. They also made me do a role play pretending to be an advisor convincing someone not to drop out of school.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

The interview process was in front of a panel and against other applicants. The interview process was a "situational/circumstantial" style interview. The interview had the hiring manager, a director, and another manager in the same department.

Interview Questions

• How do you react to an escalated situation.   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

Met with several managers who asked standard interview questions. The questions were behavior based questions, aimed at learning how you have handled situations/encounters in the past. It was clear that the questions wanted the interviewee to paint a complete picture of the situation, with as many details as possible. When, at the interviewee, did not go into as much detail as the interviewers wanted, they asked more targeted questions to help fill in the details.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled a difficult situation?   1 Answer