University of Phoenix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at University of Phoenix

2.8

Associate Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2013.

Interview

Submitted a resume and then they called me in. Met with head of legal and other attorneys. It was a pretty nice experience actually. Of course they did not mention how at that time their computer system was completely out of date and they did not have any history of what went on if a state outside of a paper library that was deficient and missing information. So if a lawyer left who was covering regulatory compliance in a state, you had no idea what was going on in that state.

SSM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Tempe, AZ) in January 2011.

Interview

Behavioral based. Google that term and you will know what to expect.

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2008.

Interview

Went through phone interview with recruiter and and face to face with hiring manager

Admissions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Sacramento, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

I was called into a group interview. I learned what it would be like to work at University of Phoenix. We were then interviewed one on one and asked to sell a rainbow. This was a surprise. I was then called back for another interview and had a more at ease interview. I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was pretty straight forward. They had a plan laid out of how you make more money.

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2012.

Interview

This experience marks the most unprofessional and drawn out interview/screening experience I have ever had. Firstly, I was recruited. I did not directly apply for this position. And I know this is primarily an online university, but at some point, things should be taken OFF-line and a meeting should be held. Especially when one resides in the same city as the position listed.

First I had to take a pretty lengthy three-part test through an online program. Before anyone has even spoken to me, I had to take some convoluted and time-consuming tests.

The kicker was the phone screening that followed that:

1) My interviewer called me 20 minutes late. This was particularly upsetting considering I am currently employed and did the interview during my lunch break.

2) She didn't know jack about me. She didn't even have my resume, so I had to verbally dictate my entire resume to her, which was another complete waste of 20 minutes.

3) She couldn't answer ONE of my questions regarding the position. Not a single one. I had a list of questions but gave up after she said "I don't know" to four of them.

I'm not sure if the girl I interviewed with was new, but it was extremely inconsiderate and unprofessional. I've taken your silly online tests and passed, you've sent me documents asking me to sign my life away without any kind of room for negotiation and I've hesitantly done so, THE LEAST you could do is send me an interviewer who is educated regarding my experiences and that can answer my questions so I can determine whether I truly want to pursue this experience or not. Interviews are a two-way street.

The one question she DID answer was whether the next round of interviews would finally be in-person, to which she said no. It would be yet another phone interview.

OH! And she accidentally called my number again an hour later asking for what I presume to be the next interview candidate. Classy.

If this is how the University of Phoenix operates in the mere beginning stages, I'm nervous as to how the operate internally and as an employer. No thank you.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of the interview process is when my not-quite knowledgeable interviewer asked me to speak slowly and take several pauses so she could apparently type every answer I gave her verbatim.   Answer Question

The interview process was very stiff and impersonal. I didn't like how everything seemed set in stone and there was a "take it or leave it" feel to the salary and random hours.

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Fort Collins, CO) in June 2011.

Interview

Initial screening interview to describe the position. Group interview with 5 other candidates and 2 managers. Behaverioal questions..what would you do in this sitution. Told would we contacted if made it to next interview step that would be a 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you think would be the most challenging part of this position?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever taken an on-line course?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

Applied via website and took a timed listening assessment. Was emailed to set up a behavioral phone interview. About a week later was contacted to set up an in-person interview. Was offered the position about a week after the interview

Interview Questions

• When have you faced a difficult parent/student in the past?   Answer Question

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Livermore, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

I was contacted for a group interview. Interview was set in a large group and we did a couple of exercises, including one where we were partnered with another person and had to "sell" our partner to the group. We also had to do the same with ourselves individually. After the group interview, we were told that if they called our name they would like us to stay for a one-on-one interview. I was selected and was very excited. I thought the interview went very well. I was asked general interview questions and about my previous experience, along with how I thought my previous experience would relate to the position. I was told that I'd be contacted within a week to know the outcome of the interview, and about a week later I received a denail email saying "thank you but we have selected another more qualified candidate" kind of thing. I thought, no problem, I can just apply again another time. So I did, about six months later. Same deal, same group interview. Asked to stay for the one-on-one interview again. And again, I was not selected. I tried one more time, thinking third time's a charm, but no luck. I didn't get asked to stay this time. So I called the recruiter and asked her point blank why I wasn't selected. Of course, I got the run-around, saying that maybe I didn't possess something they were looking for or that there were so many candidates that they just chose someone more closely qualified. They wasted my time not once or twice but three times.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gardena, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Gardena, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Initially I was phoned by someone who saw my resume on Cal Jobs. ThenI was invited to a Group interview with an opportunity to demonstrate a specific skill. About a week following the interview I received a call and a letter inviting me to participate in a mandatory 5 week mentorship where I attended a weekly class and completed assignments that oriented me to the UOP expectations for course delivery and student evaluation.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult learning style for you to address in the classroom   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a student who is not paying attention?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Relatively simple.They explained the levels available for candidates years of experience and their degree. There was not much flexibility for being provided a higher amount based on other factors, such as community involvement.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (New York, NY).

Interview

There is an initial phone interview with an HR person. Pleasant.
    It is followed by a questionnaire that is emailed to you.
    Final interview is in person, on campus, where you present a short lecture from your field of expertise.
    If you pass all these, you have to undergo an online training (about 4 weeks long) that has quite a few assignments and tests. The purpose is to learn the university's policy and procedures, and to get used to their website, learn how to find different information, etc.

Interview Questions

• How do you update your professional knowledge and expertise?   1 Answer