University of Phoenix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

90 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Production Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Tempe, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

After a skills test and an initial phone interview, I met in person with the department dean and a potential colleague. They asked both HR-stipulated "stock" questions as well as their own more job-specific questions. It lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you can bring to the job given your specific experience and abilities?   Answer Question

Environmental Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview w/ the heads of education in the San Diego Campus. It required a in-interview lesson demo. What I didn't like was that, while they were cordial, there was zero feedback after.

Interview Questions

• Can you be a facilitator, not just a source of info.   1 Answer

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

First I had a phone interview and then the recruiter scheduled me for an in person interview. This was a panel of 5 people interviewing me with questions in hand to ask me. Basically it was the standard behavioral interview questions. "Tell me a time when.....". Each person on that panel asked me questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you made a mistake that costed your company money.   Answer Question

Instructional Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

Applied online and received a call from a HR recruiter. She said they had multiple openings for this general job and after getting more information from me, she would see what programs/departments I seemed best suited to. She said that even if I wasn't selected for any openings they currently had, they would hold on to my information in case anything else opened up.

Interview Questions

• She asked about me, how I heard about the opening, why I'm leaving my current job. She asked for more detailed information from my resume ("I see you wrote XYZ, can you tell me more?"), and about salary range.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Tempe, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

very welcoming and informative. The environment is very personalized. Expectations of the position were covered for the role in which i was applying for and the positions to be filled to include the process. This interview process is still underway.

Interview Questions

• confirmation of my experience for the job   1 Answer

Faculty Liaison Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (San Diego, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I had submitted my application online. A few days later I received an email offering me a phone interview opportunity. i was available for the day and time they offered, so I accepted. The phone interview took about 30 minutes overall. Position ended up being cancelled.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you began a new project, describe it and the outcome.   Answer Question

Enrollment Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

Basic behavioral based interview. Three people sitting on a review board. Each person asked a question and then a follow up question based on how you answered the question. It was all pretty standard. Once the interview was completed they provided feedback on whether you got the position or not within about a week or so, basically just had to wait on the background check of the chosen candidate. Only problem is that almost every manager they promoted was a manager before. Almost no one new got a promotion, they just re-promoted the same garbage that got them into the trouble they are already in.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a stressful situation in the recent past? Tell me about a time you had to diffuse an confrontation. Why would you be a good fit for a leadership position within the University.   Answer Question

Campus Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

An assessment, then phone interview, then in person interview. A guy and a girl interviewed me and I could tell immediately the girl didn't like me. She cut me off and was not impressed by my answers. The guy was considerate and very easy going. Overall I felt like she judged me by my appearance before even getting to know me. She was intimidated by my appearance. I tried to engage her in coversation but she had already made up her mind that a good looking girl couldn't work there. Very unprofessional and pathetic.

Interview Questions

• Share a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

After I gave the new my application they set up a phone interview. I really liked the interviewer, she was nice, and we had a good chat. She said they will contact me for an in person interview. Still waiting to have an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had a client who was not happy, what did you do?   Answer Question

Finance Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

I was asked many questions that were not relevant to the position that I currently held, it was very difficult for me to recall an instance in detail that would be relevant to the question. I currently hold a position that does not have contact with students

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in detail that you were able to anticipate the needs of a student   Answer Question